Patch 132

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Blader
50+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Blader
EVE Online Character: EvilMalus
Operating System: XP Pro SP1
CPU: P4 (Under Clocked to avoid crashes )
Motherboard: Abit IC-7
Memory (RAM): 1G
Video Card: BFG GeForce 7600 GS 512mb
Monitor: LCD 19 inch
Keyboard: Glow in the dark blue LCD
Mouse: Wireless Logitec
Case: Silver
Power Supply: 500w
Internet Connection: dsl cuz i'm cheap

Post by Blader »

I havnt been impressed with the last two patches. Mostly because i'm not that interested in newbie missions, and i'm sure there are other things that need more work.... But thats just me.
And how would you like your ass kicking today?
Zhut
750+ Posts

Post by Zhut »

I like them from a rp perspective. It adds more content, and while it may not last very long for each player that completes the missions, it gives a better idea of where to get started and what to work for if you have absolutely no idea.

Being a veteran, however, I also find benefit from running the TL10 heal quest, as both my PE and my hybrid will be able to use it proficiently. With any luck, that combined with a pure con setup on my pending slasher PE will make me virtually unstoppable by a single runner. Maybe on my hybrid as well.
Lachlan
2000+ Posts
Steam ID: lachlan
Twitch.tv Profile: lachlanzema
Xbox GamerTag: lynx769
EVE Online Character: Lachlan Alanthos

Post by Lachlan »

Blader wrote:I havnt been impressed with the last two patches. Mostly because i'm not that interested in newbie missions, and i'm sure there are other things that need more work.... But thats just me.
The last two patches have been geared towards the International Release, and thus the (hopefully) tons of new players in the game. Neocron has always been marked down for its newbie experience. I think the combination of newbie helpers project and the profession-specific newbie missions are going to help newbies a lot.

The missions give a taste of that "dark flavor" of the Neocron atmosphere. Every mission I've run included some kind of betrayal by the NPCs you're talking to, sort of like mini-epics (but faction-neutral). The rewards of the missions are appropriate and actually useful in most cases.

I think there have been hints of more mid- and high-level content coming as the storyline starts to unfold (which really hasn't gone anywhere since nc2 went retail). Keep in mind that KK has had all of it's "new content" resources dedicated to nc2 and then the Int'l Release for almost a year now. As these big hurdles are out of the way, maybe they'll start putting in smaller content patches once a month of so.

Everyone kind of assumed the WoC items were already developed a long time ago and KK was just taking it's sweet time about introducing them (in one patch note, "added WoC items"), but I'm beginning to think the items are still in development and they'll be put in-game one or two at a time (like the WoC requirement added to the Ion Crossbow). Though I hope they won't take anymore existing items and add WoC requirements to them.