i was sent here... :)

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
8bit
At least 1 Post

i was sent here... :)

Post by 8bit »

Greets!

My name is 8bit and I was sent here by Weazle. I'm looking to get into MMORPGs (yes I'm a noob at them) and particularly interested in a good scifi/cyberpunk game. Weaz suggested i drop by here for some more info on the game. Can anyone give me a quick lesson on what i should know before signing up?

TIA
8bit
NoNo
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Telemachus
NoNo
Numinor
Darla
Internet Connection: 30mb

Post by NoNo »

well well......ill give u my 2 cents.......

first of all welcome to the sxr boards ;)

Neocron.....where to start.

http://www.neocron.com

It's a cyberpunk semi-futuristic mmorpg. It's not like any other mmorpg out there, no consentual pvp, no elves, no click go get a cup of tea and come back.

In all honesty in order to play neocron, you have to have very thick skin. Like any other game online it has it's assholes and gobshites who will do anything they can to make you're playing experience horrible (which inturn hurts their playing experience i would think, irony heh?). But there are also those players without whom this game would suck severe balls (eg SXR). What is to remember is while you can play it on you're tod, you'll probably find that you last alot longer if you have a few people to back you up and just to help you in general.

The game it-self is completely unique in concept, nothing out there like it exists. It has a pvp system which is similar to any offline fps (like er halo, or even counter-strike to some extent).

The downside is that the game is lacking in implementation, low development. The playerbase is extremely low as far as mmorpg's go, mostly due to the number of bugs ingame and in my opinion the lack of further development. Neocron is a game which will appeal to very few people, as in order to actually get into the game, you have to play for a good while, wading past all the bugs, crashes, syncs and gobshites on the servers, but once you do that I think you will find yourself enjoying it.

Not sure what else I can say about it. Hope this was enough of a balanced view of the game to help you.

NoNo