Black Prophecy - Open Beta

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Black Prophecy - Open Beta

Post by Pantho »

Black Prophecy is the first Sci-Fi Space MMOG that dares the step towards action-oriented gameplay from a third-person and first person perspective. Begin your journey into space and experience fast-paced real-time action as a fighter pilot in countless hazardous missions and epic battles. Jump into your cockpit and engage the enemy threat solo, or join powerful clans and fight alongside fellow comrades-in-arms.
Sadly it's officially only open to EU, but I know a few US friends who are part of the beta. (hint: lie).

Just to add btw, click this RP kinda newspaper link and tell me how awesomely neocronesque that looks...

http://stellarvox.blackprophecy.com/
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Xfire ID: Eldria
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:31378486
Neocron Characters: Lisbeth Salander
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
Fallen Earth Characters: Eldria (8 Rifle)
Miss Iceborg (8 Tradeskilling)
()
()
Global Agenda Character: Iceborg
Minecraft Username: Iceborg
Internet Connection: 100mbit

Re: Black Prophecy - Open Beta

Post by Iceborg »

Pantho wrote:Image
Black Prophecy is the first Sci-Fi Space MMOG that dares the step towards action-oriented gameplay from a third-person and first person perspective. Begin your journey into space and experience fast-paced real-time action as a fighter pilot in countless hazardous missions and epic battles. Jump into your cockpit and engage the enemy threat solo, or join powerful clans and fight alongside fellow comrades-in-arms.
Sadly it's officially only open to EU, but I know a few US friends who are part of the beta. (hint: lie).

Just to add btw, click this RP kinda newspaper link and tell me how awesomely neocronesque that looks...

http://stellarvox.blackprophecy.com/

Oh how great, Im gonna download it right away :biggrin:
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Post by Zalaz »

Let me know how it is. DETAILS!
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
()
()

Post by Iceborg »

Okay I haven't managed to play very much yet, but the game just crashed so I though I should write a few words. I like the first impression the game gave me, the character creation part is very advanced and you can do alot of customisation, that part really impressed me. Ive only done the 2 first starter missions but they seemed very well thought out with nice cut scenes, and it gave the impression this game is much more polished than for example Earthrise.

The bad part was that Chenoa wrote in the chat, so I guess she is involved in the English server. :(
Pantho
3000+ Posts

Post by Pantho »

Iceborg wrote:The bad part was that Chenoa wrote in the chat, so I guess she is involved in the English server. :(
This made me lol.

I really want to say "Hey..." to her/him etc.
Mind, drama was long ago so I'm sure it's all forgotten. I know voodoo kept crashing every-time he starts the tutorial :s
Faid
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: talonfaid
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5GHz
Memory (RAM): 1GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Me
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB

Post by Faid »

Euro's First! Typical KK :P And Chenoa was an absolutely horrible GM in NC why should she be any different now...
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
()
()

Post by Iceborg »

Pantho wrote:
Iceborg wrote:The bad part was that Chenoa wrote in the chat, so I guess she is involved in the English server. :(
This made me lol.

I really want to say "Hey..." to her/him etc.
Mind, drama was long ago so I'm sure it's all forgotten. I know voodoo kept crashing every-time he starts the tutorial :s

Well I started playing Neocron very late, and my first real encounter with her (im pretty sure she is a she, at least thats what Ressi blade told me) was just a few months ago. Chenoa hosted some event where she spawned an entrance outside TH, and inside there were some mobs that was suppose to drop goodies. She basically failed to notice that me and bio where LE and refused us to re-enter the event after we died, claiming we should have waited to get rezzed from the non-le ppus. When I informed her of that we cant get rezzed by non-le ppus, she started saying she could have rezzed us, and I asked why she didn't do that, when we died (we died several times and waited for some sort of rezz until the area was completley empty) and she never really came up with an answer for that. After alot of whining and complaining she finally let us back in. I just wasn't very impressed, there weren't a lot of ppl present and she failed noticing that we where LE when I was basically standing in front of her.

Also she diddn't come across as very bright when she decided to host a New years event on Mars who generally have a 0% population. When ppl asked why not host it at the most populated server, Terra she claimed ppl from Mercury and Mars would complain. I fail to see how there can be any complaints from servers with 0 pop.

On a good note, what Chenoa actually said on Black Prophecy was that ppl writing in various non- English languages in the public chat, should use the clan/team chat instead which is really good, as there were alot of Russians spamming the chat...
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
()
()

Post by Iceborg »

Okay, and now a slightly disappointed update.
Both me and bio have been playing for a while now, the game seems to be pretty polished in some ways, but the first mission after you leave the tutorial and enter the prologue is severely bugged and many seem to be very frustrated with this in the global game chat. You can still do some other missions, but you cannot move forward in the prologue and you are not able to choose faction, as no one can finish the first major quest right now, and its kinda annoying. The quest seems to have been bugged for several days now... I get so annoyed that ppl have reported this problem and they haven't fixed this yet, and the quest is working on the German server (not surprised).
Pantho
3000+ Posts

Post by Pantho »

Iceborg wrote:Okay, and now a slightly disappointed update.
Both me and bio have been playing for a while now, the game seems to be pretty polished in some ways, but the first mission after you leave the tutorial and enter the prologue is severely bugged and many seem to be very frustrated with this in the global game chat. You can still do some other missions, but you cannot move forward in the prologue and you are not able to choose faction, as no one can finish the first major quest right now, and its kinda annoying. The quest seems to have been bugged for several days now... I get so annoyed that ppl have reported this problem and they haven't fixed this yet, and the quest is working on the German server (not surprised).

Me and my friends are in the same boat, but it is a beta...

Still, vast majority of players can't leave what appears to be the equivalent of "Tutorial island" because of this :(
FN
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: fnsxr
Twitch.tv Profile: SynfullTV
Neocron Characters: FN
EVE Online Character: Xenivous Synfull
Operating System: Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77
Memory (RAM): Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 30nm
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: 256GB RAID 0 (2 x Samsung 830 SATA3 SSD)
Hard Drive (Secondary): 1TB RAID 0 (2 x WD 7200RPM SATA2 HDD)
Monitor: RCA 40" LCD TV
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Microsoft/Razer Habu Laser Mouse
Case: NZXT M59 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: BFG 550 Watt Dual +12V Rail
Rig Accessory: Wolf King Warrior FPS Keyboard (Red)
Internet Connection: 35Mbs/3Mbs Cable

Post by FN »

It can't be any worse than Earthrise... is now :P
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
()
()

Post by Iceborg »

Pantho wrote:

Still, vast majority of players can't leave what appears to be the equivalent of "Tutorial island" because of this :(

Ey I saw you ingame, Im called River Tam in Black prophecy, and Bio is called Jayne Cobb.

And FN, no this game is a thousand times more polished than ER ever will be.
Myrlin
500+ Posts
Minecraft Username: Myrlin
Aion: Myrthas
WoW Armory: Myrthas
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2Gb DDR2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard Drive: WD 80GB
Hard Drive (Secondary): WD 250 GB
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Keyboard: Wolfclaw II
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro
Internet Connection: FIOS 10 down / 2 up

Post by Myrlin »

Iceborg wrote:Im called River Tam in Black prophecy, and Bio is called Jayne Cobb.
You are awesome.
Pantho
3000+ Posts

Post by Pantho »

Iceborg wrote:
Pantho wrote:

Ey I saw you ingame, Im called River Tam in Black prophecy, and Bio is called Jayne Cobb.

And FN, no this game is a thousand times more polished than ER ever will be.
You truly are epic for those names btw :D

Add me to friends and drop me a line.

Myself and a friend or 4 are playing on vent atm. We've only had 3 online due to nobody can be bothered playing because of this damn first mission bug. Once it's fixed we need more people to do some harder big team missions so yea, come play :D

FN - Honestly it looks very polished. The main bugs are around the first mission breaking due to the amount of players trying to compelet it, sadly once you get to level 6-8 there is just no point doing the low level missions at the spire.
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
()
()

Post by Iceborg »

Well I felt like that whole concept "I am a ship" will really work in BP... But I actually use that name in both NC and Battlefield bad company 2.

And btw I really like BP so far, Ive done some missions, upgraded my ship and so on, its all pretty good for a beta, the music is really dramatic and it runs pretty smoothly on my computer, with the occasional crash.. The controls and graphics are customizable, there are friends lists, achievements and you can put ppl on ignore, there are several chat-tabs that are customizable too. Unfortunately there isn't a mute all Russians-option yet. And I miss the nc-sex emote...
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

Iceborg wrote: And I miss the nc-sex emote...
so you're a space ship 24/7? that kind of sucks, is running around as a group of ships weird? could be good for pirate rp i suppose. i guess i'll have to try the beta for myself when it gets a US release.