Halo 3 Custom Map

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Halo 3 Custom Map

Post by Zalaz »

Not associated with PC gaming in any way, but I wanted to show you guys a Halo 3 map I spent a good amount of time working on back in 2008. Not a day goes by that I don't regret submitting it to a Bungie.net map competition.

---> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Defau ... ayer=ZaIaz

It was a 16 player map called "Zal's Labyrinth" in which 15 players, each armed with a single pistol and assault rifle, would spawn in the air and safely land in random areas of the maze. The 16th player was a randomly chosen zombie with an energy sword. The zombie had double the jump height and speed of normal players as well as a very close proximity radar. That tube you see in the middle is what the zombie would spawn and slide down through, buying the other players a good 5~10 seconds to locate other teammates and establish a plan. The green teleport station you see right below the opening of the tube allowed for the zombie to warp randomly into 1 of 4 colored corners of the maze or even nudge to the side and land in the middle without touching the teleport station. I added the zombie teleport option in hopes of keeping the matches interesting and unpredictable, which ended up working quite well. Balance was the goal and I wanted to infuse the scare factor into every player with that "Where the fuck is the zombie!?!?" feeling. Also, every kill from the zombie meant another zombie added to the map. Rarely did we ever see players survive the 5 minute win times.
Last edited by Zalaz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FN
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: fnsxr
Twitch.tv Profile: SynfullTV
Neocron Characters: FN
EVE Online Character: Xenivous Synfull
Operating System: Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77
Memory (RAM): Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 30nm
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: 256GB RAID 0 (2 x Samsung 830 SATA3 SSD)
Hard Drive (Secondary): 1TB RAID 0 (2 x WD 7200RPM SATA2 HDD)
Monitor: RCA 40" LCD TV
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Microsoft/Razer Habu Laser Mouse
Case: NZXT M59 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: BFG 550 Watt Dual +12V Rail
Rig Accessory: Wolf King Warrior FPS Keyboard (Red)
Internet Connection: 35Mbs/3Mbs Cable

Re: Halo 3 Custom Map

Post by FN »

Oh how I wish they would someday release Halo 3 for the PC so I could actually continue the storyline :evil: I'm not buying an Xbox for one f'ing franchise.

Map looks pretty cool Zalaz - reminds me of some lazer tag places I've been to.
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Re: Halo 3 Custom Map

Post by Zalaz »

FN wrote:Oh how I wish they would someday release Halo 3 for the PC so I could actually continue the storyline
I hear ya on that. I've been pulling my hair out at the fact that I can't play Reach. Other than Halo though, I'm quite content with PC gaming.