Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS WITHIN!]

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Re: Game Of Thrones[SPOILERS WITHIN!]

Post by Solid Rock »

Oh yea, I forgot. you need a script installed to make it work. Theres a guide on the front page here: http://www.icefilms.info
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Most of the past few episodes has been mostly character, story, world, and concept introduction really with some fun twists to spice it up. I assume it will only get better (and it is pretty decent). I think it is fantastic that they are trying to stay true to the story as frankly novel authors create significantly deeper and better stories than just screenwriters. Doesn't necessarily mean it makes better on screen movies or shows per se unless they are very well done and translated over well which I gather this one has been so far.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Post by war-barney »

game of thrones and rest of the books would definitely not make a good film, the books are so long and so many they would need to make it into a 2 or 3 3 hour films per book to even try to get it all in, and if you read the books you will see that there is indeed a LOT of stuff which is all pretty much essential to the story. My main concern with it being made into a series was that theres quite a lot of times the characters are thinking stuff which is important, like what has motivated them to do something or that they know exactly what another character who thinks they are being sneaky is doing. So unless they have a lot of *thinking* dialogue it wouldn't work. Have they done that well?
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Post by Zalaz »

So how about that Catelyn Tully err.. Stark..
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Post by Solid Rock »

Never ceases to amaze me how well Mark Addy does as as the king. Its not exactly the kind of role he is known for...
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

war-barney wrote:tyrion is a poor guy =( i wont ruin it but hes actually not a bad guy but people treat him like a monster despite how he looks while everybody else gets the praise for all the good he does! but he gets his revenge.

Oh... and don't expect this to be a typical *i know who lives I know who dies* cos seriously.... you just dont have a clue =p

Ps. the next book is coming out in july if any of you fancy reading them! theres 5 so far you need to get through but its VERY worth it, bloody epic

BUMP!

I've been reading the books, I only started a couple of weeks ago, on Storms End Part 1 atm.

Reason I'm bumping this is to call you a bastard. Tyrion is about the only character I really like, now everytime I read the thing my brains trying to realise how he gets his revenge. Which sucks because the books are about as unpredictable as Faids mum when she's feeling frisky. She could do anything, anytime, anywhere :). Although this suspense has me reading them faster, I only have so much time a day but I don't want to know as it will spoil it!

I rather like Jon Snow & Davos, but there nothing compared to the imp.

This is why Barney, you're a twat :)
war-barney
750+ Posts

Doctor Barney

Kalvix

Post by war-barney »

buwhahaha my evil plan succeeds!. Your not too far away from his revenge, I think its either a feast for crows or part 2 of the ones your on that he gets his revenge and things really shake up a lot. Though I will say they don't shake things up as much as a dance with dragons... seriously its worth reading all the others just to read that one! Most of the way through things are going cool for everybody then suddenly in the last 1/4 of the book stuff happens to just about everybody that you would never suspect would happen.

It really is entirely pointless trying to work out whats going to happen next with this series, it always ends up being the last thing you'd think would happen
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

war-barney wrote:buwhahaha my evil plan succeeds!. Your not too far away from his revenge, I think its either a feast for crows or part 2 of the ones your on that he gets his revenge and things really shake up a lot. Though I will say they don't shake things up as much as a dance with dragons... seriously its worth reading all the others just to read that one! Most of the way through things are going cool for everybody then suddenly in the last 1/4 of the book stuff happens to just about everybody that you would never suspect would happen.

It really is entirely pointless trying to work out whats going to happen next with this series, it always ends up being the last thing you'd think would happen

SUPER DUPER SPOILERS BELOW THIS LINE!!!!

I cannot believe Jon Snow was going to march south, really didn't see that coming, it was so out of character. I think the Red Priestess will bring him back to life, maybe. Be a shame if she didn't :(.

If I have to wait 5 years to read the next one I might cry, deeply.
war-barney
750+ Posts

Doctor Barney

Kalvix

Post by war-barney »

MORE SUPER DUPER ISH SPOILER!! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ BOOK!!

Aye took bloody ages for him to write dance with dragons hope the next one is faster. also can't wait to see what happens in mereen now dannys finally seens to have proper control of drogon. An aye hope she does bring him back but with this series you never can tell whos going to die so theres no guarantee it will happen