Free PC Copy of Brink for Retailer Employees

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Re: Free PC Copy of Brink for Retailer Employees

Post by Zalaz »

monkeyboy wrote:Brink is good but multiplayer is horrid atm especially on consoles , its basically tf2 with an update but also on the mention of classes its true a "heavy" can play as a spy but they also take the same effects a heavy would get i.e slow movement cant jump but in return takes alot of hits they did this to basically to make it fair for everyone to play in their own style. But overall its a good game just need to look past the bugs that it has
I read something about that too. I think it does good for the most part. I love being a light medic who can chain slide into a firefight, syringe 2 or 3 teammates, and sprint out untouched.
Hazloc
50+ Posts
Steam ID: 76561198008058795
Neocron Characters: Ghanima - Indra
Fallen Earth Characters: Hazloc (lvl 5)
()
()
()
Global Agenda Character: Hazloc

Post by Hazloc »

Well after playing it for a while and getting one character maxed to level 20 here is my review...

If you haven't already speant the money to get it DON'T!!! Here is a run down of the few things I don't like about it...

1) No depth. The maps are more repetivite than GA. There are very little differences in the missions and the offline game is exactly the same as the online except with bots.
2) The maps sucks and are not balanced. They have crappy choke points that allow one side to rule the map a lot of the time. For example those who play will know this from Container City.
3) No tatics required. It just a big meat grinder.
4) I would write more, but the game isn't worth me spending any more energy on it.

The end.
Fero Max
250+ Posts
Minecraft Username: FeroMax
Operating System: W7Ultimate
CPU: I7-4820k @ 4.75 GHz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: H110 Waterblock
Motherboard: P9X79
Memory (RAM): 32GIGS
Video Card: GTX760
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 840 PRO
Hard Drive (Secondary): Raid 0 (2x320Gb)
Monitor: 22" 2mc Samsung LCD T220
Keyboard: Logitech K310
Mouse: Logitech G300
Power Supply: Cors RM850
Internet Connection: VDSL 25/10

Post by Fero Max »

I agree with Hazloc.
Additionally, for people having latency problems like I do, lack of server optimizations makes game unplayable.
Killing bots is easy, not being able do damage other players is just daft.
Till this game gets much better, I consider it a waste of money.
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Post by Zalaz »

You pretty much summed it up Hazloc. I really tried to like this game. Lesson learned; I'm waiting for reviews on all $59.99 titles from here on, which is something I should have done long ago.