Terraria

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Terraria

Post by Zalaz »

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0 (Watch the entire video, as the end shows the best parts.)

Has anyone tried this? It's supposed to be similar to a 2-D Minecraft. Reminds me of an old school Sega title I used to co-op the hell out of back in the day (The name escapes me).
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Re: Terraria

Post by Pantho »

Zalaz wrote:---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7uOhFTrrq0 (Watch the entire video, as the end shows the best parts.)

Has anyone tried this? It's supposed to be similar to a 2-D Minecraft. Reminds me of an old school Sega title I used to co-op the hell out of back in the day (The name escapes me).
Yes, I have been trying it. I'm a naughty boy and downloaded a pre-release version 3-4 days ago.
So far it's not a bad little game, it's not as addictive as minecraft but it has some great aspects.
Zalaz
250+ Posts

Post by Zalaz »

I think I've dug at least an hours worth of a tunnel downward from the basement of the house I built. So far I found hermes boots, boomerang, and a heart upgrade. Def getting Zelda Flashbacks.
Mittens_Guy
At least 1 Post
Steam ID: The_Mittens_guy
Minecraft Username: Mittens_Guy
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
Memory (RAM): 4Gb Dual
Video Card: GeForce GTX260, At 3Gb
Hard Drive: I don't Know... 1Tb
Monitor: LG Flatron
Keyboard: Saitek Gaming KB
Mouse: Dell Generic
Case: Antec DF-30
Power Supply: I don't know... 500w

Post by Mittens_Guy »

I bought the game yesterday...Pretty sweet waiting to become pro for a multiplayer server... Synergy should host one?
Pantho
3000+ Posts

Post by Pantho »

Mittens_Guy wrote:I bought the game yesterday...Pretty sweet waiting to become pro for a multiplayer server... Synergy should host one?
There isn;t (or wans't?) a server client.

Meaning you had to run the server using a 3d graphics card, which most servers imply do not have.
Zalaz
250+ Posts

Post by Zalaz »

Most people have been using a program called Hamachi. I've heard of some servers hosting up to 30 people, which is pretty cool. I've just hit near end game myself. Someone on Steam traded me a full cobalt armor set for some assorted rare items I had. My weapons are still up in there air. They need better magic based weapons. Regardless, I can see tons of new content coming out for this game in the next few months.
Pantho
3000+ Posts

Post by Pantho »

Zalaz wrote:Most people have been using a program called Hamachi. I've heard of some servers hosting up to 30 people, which is pretty cool. I've just hit near end game myself. Someone on Steam traded me a full cobalt armor set for some assorted rare items I had. My weapons are still up in there air. They need better magic based weapons. Regardless, I can see tons of new content coming out for this game in the next few months.
Yea we ran the alpha client for a few days to give the game a poke pre-release. It was abit of a resource whore, even compared to MC standards :D.

However, I can see 20-30 players coping. Presuming the computer had substantial amounts of RAM. The client is only single core but was maxing 25% with 3 people, might be one of those apps that always display 25% usage but never use it. Like Java's virtualization in some weird craply made server apps.

However back to the game, it really is fun. I didn't buy it as I was bored within a few hours, but I can deffinetly see the entertainment factors. We dug pretty far down and from what I understand we didn't even scratch the surface. You had to fall for a while to get to the bottom of the shaft we made. Grapling hook is so win, the only items I got was he Mercury Treaders :(. I really wanted some rocket boots. You should defeat the Eye of Cthulhu, it's without a doubt the easiest boss and get's you the mats for some nice armor. It also drops corruption seeds so you can grow some corruption close to home, for the second boss encounter :).

As for Skeletron, I tried, I failed, I cried. That shit is not possible with just 2 people...
Zalaz
250+ Posts

Post by Zalaz »

Pantho wrote:As for Skeletron, I tried, I failed, I cried. That shit is not possible with just 2 people...
Yeah I tagged him with another. About 30 healing potions later, we downed him :)

I'd say I got my moneys worth out of this game, something I can't much of for Brink :(
Lachlan
2000+ Posts
Steam ID: lachlan
Twitch.tv Profile: lachlanzema
Xbox GamerTag: lynx769
EVE Online Character: Lachlan Alanthos

Post by Lachlan »

I bought the 4 pack on steam for me and the kids and set up the dedicated server so we can play together locally.

So far, it's fun.. not sure if I like it better than minecraft but I got bored with minecraft so this will do for now.