Forsaken World (F2P)

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Forsaken World (F2P)

Post by Krypto »

This one deserves a new thread outside the F2P thread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeHt85m ... 6&index=40

By FAR this one is addicting, well made, completely free, & ppl that DO spend money for in-game items, cant buy any PVP gear, or any gear for that matter. So that works well with keeping the game balanced with f2p players vs paying players. Had a dungeon finder system from the release of the game. As for QUESTS, i've never seen this in any game & is SO awesome: It's explained in that youtube video, but basically any mobs or npc you need to go to for a quest, you can simply CLICK on and you'll automatically go to where that mob/npc is......If an area for my next quest i wanna finish is far away? I click on the mob name on the quest on the side-quest panel (transparent or not if you like, as with many other windows) & go have a smoke or make somthin to eat, take a shit, etc come back & I'm there. Honestly, how awesome is that?

*****----->>>>> Also.....you can play as a vampire....that's an actual CLASS....what game has that, really. lol

Anyway, the game's completely free with no restrictions on anything, if anyone wants to try it out. There's 5? races & classes are: Warrior - Assassin - Protector (stoneman) - Marksman - Mage - VAMPIRE - Priest - Bard
Each class has a talent tree with 3 different specs. Warrior has a defencive/tank tree along with offensive, and protector has an offencive tree along with a middle & main tank spec. The talent tree page on the Forsaken World website isnt up just yet, so just use these helpful posts for all class skills:
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-1.html
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-2.html
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-3.html
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Re: Forsaken World (F2P)

Post by Pantho »

Krypto wrote:This one deserves a new thread outside the F2P thread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeHt85m ... 6&index=40

By FAR this one is addicting, well made, completely free, & ppl that DO spend money for in-game items, cant buy any PVP gear, or any gear for that matter. So that works well with keeping the game balanced with f2p players vs paying players. Had a dungeon finder system from the release of the game. As for QUESTS, i've never seen this in any game & is SO awesome: It's explained in that youtube video, but basically any mobs or npc you need to go to for a quest, you can simply CLICK on and you'll automatically go to where that mob/npc is......If an area for my next quest i wanna finish is far away? I click on the mob name on the quest on the side-quest panel (transparent or not if you like, as with many other windows) & go have a smoke or make somthin to eat, take a shit, etc come back & I'm there. Honestly, how awesome is that?

*****----->>>>> Also.....you can play as a vampire....that's an actual CLASS....what game has that, really. lol

Anyway, the game's completely free with no restrictions on anything, if anyone wants to try it out. There's 5? races & classes are: Warrior - Assassin - Protector (stoneman) - Marksman - Mage - VAMPIRE - Priest - Bard
Each class has a talent tree with 3 different specs. Warrior has a defencive/tank tree along with offensive, and protector has an offencive tree along with a middle & main tank spec. The talent tree page on the Forsaken World website isnt up just yet, so just use these helpful posts for all class skills:
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-1.html
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-2.html
http://www.mmoculture.com/2010/08/forsa ... art-3.html
Ok... Which idiot fed him sugar cubes?
Krypto
1500+ Posts
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
()
()

Post by Krypto »

its DEFINITELY worth it!!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

i thought about downloading this before, and maybe i'll dl it now. the video looks alright so far
Faid
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: talonfaid
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5GHz
Memory (RAM): 1GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Me
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB

Post by Faid »

looks like wow tbh
Coo
250+ Posts
Steam ID: mcouillard
Nintendo Wii ID: 455506771961
Fallen Earth Characters: Cxoo (5 - Rifle/Support)
()
()
()
Global Agenda Character: Cjoo
Minecraft Username: Cjoo
Operating System: Win7 64bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 550
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3
Memory (RAM): 6gb DDR3
Video Card: EVGA nVidia GT 240 DDR5
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Black 640mb
Monitor: Dell 17" LCD
Keyboard: IBM black standard
Mouse: GE 5-button optical
Power Supply: 430w Antec Earthwatts
Internet Connection: FIOS 30/10mb

Post by Coo »

Pretty fun. I have a 25 Priest and 12 Vamp. Tons to do. Quests have a nice back and forth dialogue. Item Shop doesn't seem to be a requirement (yet). Auto-route is very nice for my frequent AFKs.

But still, it seems like another single player RPG that calls itself an MMO. Basically, you're overpowered and most PvE is easy-mode. Even a few instances were kinda stomps. But we were over-leveled for it, so I'll give em that.
Myrlin
500+ Posts
Minecraft Username: Myrlin
Aion: Myrthas
WoW Armory: Myrthas
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2Gb DDR2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard Drive: WD 80GB
Hard Drive (Secondary): WD 250 GB
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Keyboard: Wolfclaw II
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro
Internet Connection: FIOS 10 down / 2 up

Post by Myrlin »

I've really enjoyed it so far. I have a 22 assassin and a lvl 10 marksmen, protector, warrior, vampire, and bard.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
()
()

Post by Krypto »

Coo wrote:Pretty fun. I have a 25 Priest and 12 Vamp. Tons to do. Quests have a nice back and forth dialogue. Item Shop doesn't seem to be a requirement (yet). Auto-route is very nice for my frequent AFKs.

But still, it seems like another single player RPG that calls itself an MMO. Basically, you're overpowered and most PvE is easy-mode. Even a few instances were kinda stomps. But we were over-leveled for it, so I'll give em that.
exactly the things i liked when i first started. lol

----->>> After lvl 20 i think, u can start doin God's Trial daily. & each run will give you about 3/4 - 100% of a lvl (it slows down a bit per run once ur over 40). While it was active yesterday, i went from 75% into lvl 26 to ~85% into lvl 29 from 3 runs. lol farely short runs too. only prolly 15-20 mins max. There's a guy in the clan i'm in who's lvl 44 & only started playin about 2 weeks ago. God's Trial and instances are the way to go.

----->>> The way u upgrade gear & get the real good BLUE gear, is by doing instances (& some particular quests here & there that reward it). Killing the bosses get you SHARDS , and then you take em to the gear npcs in freedom harbor in front of the bar/boat.

----->>> Also, you can sell blue gear you get from instances on the AH for GOLD instead of soul coins, and you can even pay the AH fee with soul coins. I've read somewhere that instances & killin elite mobs (they always drop a green & have a chance to drop a blue are the best ways to gain gold. You kill it, switch "servers" (#2, #3, etc) kill em again, switch again, kill em again, etc. And of course gold you use for upgrading gear.

Mainly it looks like Quests are basically for soul coins, upgrade items, some gems, lil extra xp, etc. Your MAIN xp is from God's Trial & nightmare carnival each day. GT starts at 12pm & 6pm EST. last about 2 hrs until u cant do it anymore. Not sure when the carnival is active, but that one's just a mini-game instance, but still lotsa xp, AND exchanging the tickets for finishing at the end for gold.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

any pvp?
Krypto
1500+ Posts
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
()
()

Post by Krypto »

i asked the clan (whom nobody's over lvl 45, cap is 70) if there were clan fights, since clans can have multiple bases in the world, and they said no, but they are only lvl 40ish, & only seem to "pk" a lil here & there. Anywhere outside of a town or city u can gank someone. No benefits that i know of besides satisfaction of rapin someone. There MIGHT be some other kinda PvP, but so far i dont think there's any "battlegrounds" & its mainly open-world pvp.

basically, right outside the 1st town after the main city u get to, is just like Plaza2 in nc.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Myrlin
500+ Posts
Minecraft Username: Myrlin
Aion: Myrthas
WoW Armory: Myrthas
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2Gb DDR2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard Drive: WD 80GB
Hard Drive (Secondary): WD 250 GB
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Keyboard: Wolfclaw II
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro
Internet Connection: FIOS 10 down / 2 up

Post by Myrlin »

Coo and I are both on the PvE server so there isn't any PvP there at all. From what I've read it sounds like most of the PvP is griefing while people are trying to kill world bosses and stuff. Since this is basically a free WoW clone, I'd expect battlegrounds or some form of organized PvP at some point.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
()
()

Post by Krypto »

Myrlin wrote:Coo and I are both on the PvE server so there isn't any PvP there at all. From what I've read it sounds like most of the PvP is griefing while people are trying to kill world bosses and stuff. Since this is basically a free WoW clone, I'd expect battlegrounds or some form of organized PvP at some point.
Why did yall join a PvE server..........
also, US East PvP is apparently where all the action is, & most non-north americans play here also. Quite a bit of the ppl in my clan are Australian.

OH, also ->> you can level & increase reputation while afk, & offline.
#1: You can "pray" (stand afk near your races faction rep statue) & gain +1 rep & xp based on lvl every minute.

#2: If sayyy, you didnt have time to play one day? you get stored xp. Basically any day you dont gain much xp, you get stored xp starting the next day. ie: I didnt play much the day before yesterday, & got 35k stored xp (I currently need 106k for a full level). You unlock it with a small ammount of soul coins, & it becomes basically 35k of rested xp.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Krypto
1500+ Posts
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
()
()

Post by Krypto »

CORRECTION::

Forgot, & i even watched a youtube video of it before i started playin.

There's ARENA. premade teams, not sure of ALL the different team sizes, but the video i watched was of a 6v6, & there's apparently also 3v3s.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me