Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.

planetside 2 or fallen earth

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.

planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am

hey guys, as posted earlier im looking to get into a new game during my upcoming layoff. ive narrowed it down to these two so just looking for advice. planetside looks really promising but the pay system might just be a huge flaw.. fallen earth is a tad over the hill but looks decent and seems to have ok reviews. i just cant take the leap to start playing neo again, seems kinda pointless at this point!!



new system build - asus 990 sabertooth
amd 8350 processor
1200w coolermaster ps
still videocardless
zombie
 
Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Chosen One on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 am

Planetside and Fallen Earth are very different shooters.

Planetside is the game you can jump on kill a few ppl, take over a base or two, log off - no worries.

Fallen Earth is a FPSRPG you need to take time in playing, like Neocron. Its more work then play.
User avatar
Chosen One
 
Vitals
Posts » 3265
Joined » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 am

im moreless looking for a neo replacement that is strongly based on player skills and actually working to get gear. something that i can log into and slay with a group or play alone just collecting and lvling. what have you been playing chosen... ohhh and a good pvp system is deff most important...
zombie
 
Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am

eeeewwww k so after some grave research i see the pay system of fallen earth is god aweful... buying a rank!
zombie
 
Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Iceborg on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am

zombie wrote:im moreless looking for a neo replacement that is strongly based on player skills and actually working to get gear. something that i can log into and slay with a group or play alone just collecting and lvling. what have you been playing chosen... ohhh and a good pvp system is deff most important...



If you are looking for a neocron replacement, have you ever thought about actually playing neocron on the new server with the brand new patch, there are at least a couple of hundred ppl or more on at prime times, and lots of sxr playing...

Also a ton of ppl in sxr are playing planetside 2( think we have around 25 members in the sxr outfit). Not sure anyone in sxr ever plays FE any more, but I guess the FE servers are probably quite populated...
User avatar
Iceborg
 
Vitals
Posts » 194
Joined » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm
Location » Stockholm, Sweden
Gamer IDs
Rig
» 100mbit

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

where is the best place to dl neo
zombie
 
Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig


Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 pm

thanks, hrm now to buy a headset. so really no mobs in ps2.... yeah def not for me
zombie
 
Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Chosen One on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 pm

zombie wrote:thanks, hrm now to buy a headset. so really no mobs in ps2.... yeah def not for me


PS2 is all pvp, its alot of fun tho. All ranges of players.

There is a rumor about them adding a pve based planet...
User avatar
Chosen One
 
Vitals
Posts » 3265
Joined » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Zalaz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk
MMORPG has 9,000 beta keys left for this coming weekend ---> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off ... out-2.html .
It couldn't hurt for you to give that game a try, as it sounds closest to what you may be looking for.
I may try it this weekend myself, just to get that curiosity out of my system.

I still recommend Planetside 2 above all else at this point though.
User avatar
Zalaz
 
Vitals
Posts » 257
Joined » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 am
Location » Chicago, IL
Gamer IDs
PSN ID » Zalaz86
Rig
» Windows 7
» Cable

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby mace on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Zalaz wrote:Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk
MMORPG has 9,000 beta keys left for this coming weekend ---> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off ... out-2.html .
It couldn't hurt for you to give that game a try, as it sounds closest to what you may be looking for.
I may try it this weekend myself, just to get that curiosity out of my system.

I still recommend Planetside 2 above all else at this point though.


Welcome to global agenda 2 lol
That's what it reminds me of. Haven't seen any pvp tho, although I only watched about 5 Mins. I hate quest
I R ALPHA!!!! or in other words H.N.I.C...... if ya didn't know, betta axe sumbodeh! :D
User avatar
mace
 
Vitals
Posts » 1452
Joined » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:02 am
Location » Grandview, Mo
Gamer IDs
PSN ID » SXR_Mace

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Vaeyn on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm

mace wrote:
Zalaz wrote:Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk
MMORPG has 9,000 beta keys left for this coming weekend ---> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off ... out-2.html .
It couldn't hurt for you to give that game a try, as it sounds closest to what you may be looking for.
I may try it this weekend myself, just to get that curiosity out of my system.

I still recommend Planetside 2 above all else at this point though.


Welcome to global agenda 2 lol
That's what it reminds me of. Haven't seen any pvp tho, although I only watched about 5 Mins. I hate quest


Not even close man. Blows GA out of the water imho.
User avatar
Vaeyn
 
Vitals
Posts » 758
Joined » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Chosen One on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am

Hirez will be making GA2, dont you worry :D
User avatar
Chosen One
 
Vitals
Posts » 3265
Joined » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby FN on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm

PS2 is where you'll find the majority of us playing right now. No SXR actively play FE atm to my knowledge.
User avatar
FN
 
Vitals
Posts » 4012
Joined » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:52 pm
Location » Pennsylvania, US
Gamer IDs

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Chosen One on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:37 pm

FN wrote:PS2 is where you'll find the majority of us playing right now. No SXR actively play FE atm to my knowledge.


Doesnt Solid or A4 play?
User avatar
Chosen One
 
Vitals
Posts » 3265
Joined » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Next

Return to Public General Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

VOICE

 Log in to join Discord!

cron