Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.

planetside 2 or fallen earth

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.

planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am

hey guys, as posted earlier im looking to get into a new game during my upcoming layoff. ive narrowed it down to these two so just looking for advice. planetside looks really promising but the pay system might just be a huge flaw.. fallen earth is a tad over the hill but looks decent and seems to have ok reviews. i just cant take the leap to start playing neo again, seems kinda pointless at this point!!

new system build - asus 990 sabertooth
amd 8350 processor
1200w coolermaster ps
still videocardless
zombie

Vitals
Posts » 24
Joined » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am
Rig

Re: planetside 2 or fallen earth

Postby Chosen One on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 am

Planetside and Fallen Earth are very different shooters.

Planetside is the game you can jump on kill a few ppl, take over a base or two, log off - no worries.

Fallen Earth is a FPSRPG you need to take time in playing, like Neocron. Its more work then play.
Chosen One

Vitals
Posts » 3265
Joined » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 am

im moreless looking for a neo replacement that is strongly based on player skills and actually working to get gear. something that i can log into and slay with a group or play alone just collecting and lvling. what have you been playing chosen... ohhh and a good pvp system is deff most important...
zombie

Vitals
Posts » 24
Rig

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am

eeeewwww k so after some grave research i see the pay system of fallen earth is god aweful... buying a rank!
zombie

Vitals
Posts » 24
Rig

Postby Iceborg on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am

zombie wrote:im moreless looking for a neo replacement that is strongly based on player skills and actually working to get gear. something that i can log into and slay with a group or play alone just collecting and lvling. what have you been playing chosen... ohhh and a good pvp system is deff most important...

If you are looking for a neocron replacement, have you ever thought about actually playing neocron on the new server with the brand new patch, there are at least a couple of hundred ppl or more on at prime times, and lots of sxr playing...

Also a ton of ppl in sxr are playing planetside 2( think we have around 25 members in the sxr outfit). Not sure anyone in sxr ever plays FE any more, but I guess the FE servers are probably quite populated...
Iceborg

Vitals
Posts » 194
Joined » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm
Location » Stockholm, Sweden
Gamer IDs
Rig
» 100mbit

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

where is the best place to dl neo
zombie

Vitals
Posts » 24
Rig

Postby zombie on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 pm

thanks, hrm now to buy a headset. so really no mobs in ps2.... yeah def not for me
zombie

Vitals
Posts » 24
Rig

Postby Chosen One on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 pm

zombie wrote:thanks, hrm now to buy a headset. so really no mobs in ps2.... yeah def not for me

PS2 is all pvp, its alot of fun tho. All ranges of players.

There is a rumor about them adding a pve based planet...
Chosen One

Vitals
Posts » 3265
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Postby Zalaz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk
MMORPG has 9,000 beta keys left for this coming weekend ---> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off ... out-2.html .
It couldn't hurt for you to give that game a try, as it sounds closest to what you may be looking for.
I may try it this weekend myself, just to get that curiosity out of my system.

I still recommend Planetside 2 above all else at this point though.
Zalaz

Vitals
Posts » 257
Joined » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 am
Location » Chicago, IL
Gamer IDs
PSN ID » Zalaz86
Rig
» Windows 7
» Cable

Postby mace on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Zalaz wrote:Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk
MMORPG has 9,000 beta keys left for this coming weekend ---> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/off ... out-2.html .
It couldn't hurt for you to give that game a try, as it sounds closest to what you may be looking for.

Welcome to global agenda 2 lol
That's what it reminds me of. Haven't seen any pvp tho, although I only watched about 5 Mins. I hate quest
I R ALPHA!!!! or in other words H.N.I.C...... if ya didn't know, betta axe sumbodeh! :D
mace

Vitals
Posts » 1452
Joined » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:02 am
Location » Grandview, Mo
Gamer IDs
PSN ID » SXR_Mace

Postby Vaeyn on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm

mace wrote:
Zalaz wrote:Firefall sounds like a game that may meet your specs. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk

Welcome to global agenda 2 lol
That's what it reminds me of. Haven't seen any pvp tho, although I only watched about 5 Mins. I hate quest

Not even close man. Blows GA out of the water imho.
Vaeyn

Vitals
Posts » 758
Joined » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm
Rig

Postby Chosen One on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am

Hirez will be making GA2, dont you worry :D
Chosen One

Vitals
Posts » 3265
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Postby FN on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm

PS2 is where you'll find the majority of us playing right now. No SXR actively play FE atm to my knowledge.
FN

Vitals
Posts » 4012
Joined » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:52 pm
Location » Pennsylvania, US
Gamer IDs

Postby Chosen One on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:37 pm

FN wrote:PS2 is where you'll find the majority of us playing right now. No SXR actively play FE atm to my knowledge.

Doesnt Solid or A4 play?
Chosen One

Vitals
Posts » 3265
Location » Plaza 2
Gamer IDs

Next

Return to Public General Forum