Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Postby a4nic8er on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 am

A combat racing game - often compared to Interstate 76, anyone else remember having fun playing that?

Teaser Trailer (2:10)

Official Gameplay trailer (2:31)

Devs Interview with Gamespot - excellent in-depth info & gameplay (48:18)

I bought it on Steam today.
a4nic8er

Vitals
Posts » 1522
Joined » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:24 am
Location » New Zealand
Gamer IDs

Re: Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Postby Hazloc on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:24 am

Do you need to keep spending real world cash for constant upgrades or is a one time deal?
Hazloc

Vitals
Posts » 96
Joined » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 pm
Gamer IDs
Rig

Postby a4nic8er on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't think there are any microtransactions or any of that shit. You buy the game, you play it. You 'upgrade, weapons by driving over them. You level up your driver by scoring/winning.

Watch the third video to get good information from the guys who made the game (yea, I know it's long). That's the vid which convinced me to buy it.
For instance, after reading reviewers and commenters whining about rubber-banding (the arcade racing game mechanic - not the netcode issue) then hearing/seeing it explained in that video, including how and why it (like almost everything else in the game) can be adjusted or disabled.
a4nic8er

Vitals
Posts » 1522
Joined » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:24 am
Location » New Zealand
Gamer IDs

Postby Pantho on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:05 pm

a4nic8er wrote:I don't think there are any microtransactions or any of that shit. You buy the game, you play it. You 'upgrade, weapons by driving over them. You level up your driver by scoring/winning.

Watch the third video to get good information from the guys who made the game (yea, I know it's long). That's the vid which convinced me to buy it.
For instance, after reading reviewers and commenters whining about rubber-banding (the arcade racing game mechanic - not the netcode issue) then hearing/seeing it explained in that video, including how and why it (like almost everything else in the game) can be adjusted or disabled.

That or subscription I love, however would be silly.

There is no major money in it and it would fail eventually. From an MMO perspective.
Pantho

Vitals
Posts » 3323
Joined » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:19 pm
Gamer IDs
Rig
» Windows XP x86
» Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
» Intel DG395RY
» 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
» 8800GTS 640mb
» 300gb Sata2