Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.

Star Citizen Anyone?

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.

Star Citizen Anyone?

Postby Zalaz on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:34 pm

As of this thread date, the game has amassed a crowdfunding amount of just over 36 million dollars. Chris Roberts said he needed around 22 million for the game to be everything he wanted it to be. Every new stretch goal put out has been met within a short amount of time, so I can't help but take a peak at what this game has to offer.

Has anyone else taken a glance at Star Citizen? Thoughts?
Last edited by Zalaz on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zalaz

Vitals
Posts » 257
Joined » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 am
Location » Chicago, IL
Gamer IDs
PSN ID » Zalaz86
Rig
» Windows 7
» Cable

Re: Star Citizen Anyone?

Postby Iceborg on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm

I've looked into it, I think it looks very interesting, but I'm not entirely sure how the in game monetization will affect the game. As I've understood there is some sort of currency in game that you can buy for real money. Any game that cost real money to buy and then has additional micro-transactions makes me a bit hesitant. On paper Star Citizen is my dream game, I just hope the it doesn't turn in to some sort of pay2win cash grab.
Iceborg

Vitals
Posts » 194
Joined » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm
Location » Stockholm, Sweden
Gamer IDs
Rig
» 100mbit

Re: Star Citizen Anyone?

Postby Pantho on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 am

Iceborg wrote:I've looked into it, I think it looks very interesting, but I'm not entirely sure how the in game monetization will affect the game. As I've understood there is some sort of currency in game that you can buy for real money. Any game that cost real money to buy and then has additional micro-transactions makes me a bit hesitant. On paper Star Citizen is my dream game, I just hope the it doesn't turn in to some sort of pay2win cash grab.

This.

On paper = damned awesome if done properly.

Ingame micro transactions need to be pure cosmetics.
Pantho

Vitals
Posts » 3323
Joined » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:19 pm
Gamer IDs
Rig
» Windows XP x86
» Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
» Intel DG395RY
» 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
» 8800GTS 640mb
» 300gb Sata2