Anybody got experience with kaspersky?

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Anybody got experience with kaspersky?

Post by war-barney »

I'm clutching at straws now,... but does anybody know if any settings in kaspersky could cause the internet to cut out constantly? I've checked the drivers and they are all up to date but my internet just cuts out randomly (I'm on wireless), also its started to lag horribly recently... I don't have a clue whats up with it ran full kaspersky scan and advanced system care and nothing shows up. The computer itself works fine just this sodding internet
Buck
750+ Posts
Xfire ID: Codrum
Steam ID: 76561197990332266
Neocron Characters: Murdoc
Codrum
Buck
Ress
Fallen Earth Characters: Codrum (Crafter? -25)
Murdoc Runner (Rifle? -14)
Im Buck (Newb -2)
Froggette (Newb placeholder -1)
Global Agenda Character: Codrum
Tribes Ascend Character: Codrum
Minecraft Username: Codrum
Operating System: Win 7 64bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard: BIOSTAR TForce TA790GX A3+
Memory (RAM): PNY Optima 8GB (4 x 2GB)
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: WD 1TB SATA3.0
Monitor: Acer 20" Widescreen
Secondary Monitor: LG 47" TV
Mouse: Logitech M705
Power Supply: hec 585W
Internet Connection: ~1Mbps/~14Mbps Cable

Re: Anybody got experience with kaspersky?

Post by Buck »

I don't know anything about kaspersky, but how old is your router? Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes? Maybe a factory reset would help?
I've had similar problems in the past, if resetting or restarting it doesn't help, a new cheap router usually makes them go away. If that doesn't work, you should be able to return the new one for a refund.
If your modem/router is supplied by your ISP (as in you're renting it) ask for a replacement
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Post by war-barney »

hmmm well I think we've had this router for aaaaages so might be time to get a new one, I try turning it off for a while but it always starts breaking again shortly after anyway
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Get a new router and get a decent one. You could beforehand go into its utilities and check for firmware updates. *Change* the router password(s) to both user and log in for the wireless. You could have someone using your connection. Maybe.

Yes, AV could slow things down but usually Firewalls do that more than AV programs.