Question about upgrading processor

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Question about upgrading processor

Post by war-barney »

Ok, basically I was looking into that shadow of mordor game but sadly it says my processor isn't good enough.. I'm on this right now Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz as I didn't really understand that its the i3-5-7 thats important when I bought it. I was thinking of upgrading it however I remember when I was buying it it said I would need a better motherboard as well.

So basically 2 questions, what do I need to upgrade my processor other than a processor and which one is worth getting to not cost to much but make stuff work as I'm planning to save up and get a new pc within a year, my pc is basically this one in with the basics http://www.chillblast.com/pconf.php?productid=18622 (fusion firefly if it screws up the link). Or would it be worth just putting up with no playing stuff and waiting to buy a whole new pc instead of fiddling with stuff?

AND has anybody played mordor and know if my processor could perhaps handle it? I keep getting 2 sides, some people say it would be fine, others it wouldn't work, and some that it will work but be slow as hell. Is it worth risking or is it most likely way to old and crappy for shadow of mordor?
a4nic8er
1500+ Posts
Xfire ID: a4nic8er
Neocron Characters: A-Four
Afk
Afornicater
BlackWilly
Lag
Oh Noes
Taxi
Utu
Fallen Earth Characters: Lara Craft (55 - Pistols/Tradeskiller)
Lag (55- Melee/Mutant)
Packet Loss (55 - Rifle)
Adol Fittler (31 - Mule)
Global Agenda Character: Afore_AdolFittler
Operating System: Win10 Pro 64
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory (RAM): CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4
Video Card: GV-N2070AORUS X-8GC
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SATA3 SSD
Hard Drive (Secondary): Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA3 SSD
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUA
Secondary Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
Keyboard: Logitech G13
Mouse: LOGITECH G502 Proteus Core
Case: Cooler Master COSMOS S
Power Supply: Silverstone OP1000-E 1000W
Rig Accessory: D-Link DNS-343 NAS
Internet Connection: aDSL 10/1Mbps

Re: Question about upgrading processor

Post by a4nic8er »

Min. specs for game are "Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850"
Recommended specs are "Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950"

Anything less than the minimum specs (in any of the above 3 areas) will affect performance and very probably cause your rig to struggle.

In order to discover your CPU upgrade options, you need to check the specifications of your motherboard.
If it is the Asus B75M-A Basic Micro ATX Motherboard, it has Intel® Socket 1155 for 3rd/2nd Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge microprocessors) and uses the Intel® B75 chipset.

List of compatible Core i7 CPUs
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Post by Krypto »

Id say google processor performance graphs and look up the price of all the top Intel-i5s you see.

One I have is the i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz, & it's a beast. & by the graphs it was outperforming most of the i7s that are $300+, that & it was the newest gaming i5 that was out.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Post by Zalaz »

Krypto wrote: One I have is the i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz, & it's a beast. & by the graphs it was outperforming most of the i7s that are $300+, that & it was the newest gaming i5 that was out.
This.

And to further back that processor up, this ---> http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... aming.html