kaspersky small downloads (driving me insane)

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

kaspersky small downloads (driving me insane)

Post by war-barney »

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this or how to fix it? I've already set it to manual download after it spent 30mins doing 1 small download (3kb) after another but it wont stop and everytime it does it makes any online game im playing lag to holy hell
S0_Blind
At least 1 Post
Steam ID: Thenum1madhatter
Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: i7 970 6x core
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: stock
Motherboard: intel skullcrusher
Memory (RAM): 32Gb
Video Card: GTX 980
Hard Drive: SSD
Hard Drive (Secondary): 10k RPM
Monitor: 28" 4K Philips
Keyboard: Razor
Mouse: Razor
Power Supply: 1000watt
Internet Connection: 50Mbs

Re: kaspersky small downloads (driving me insane)

Post by S0_Blind »

Run mcafee, Norton, avg, and avast removal tools granted from their perspective websites. Check machine with Malwarebytes and tdskiller.exe. Run Kaspersky uninstaller and run the Kaspersky cleanup utility to make sure all the registry values are removed. Reset windows default UAC and firewall settings. Run windows update reset batch file available for download online. This will reset your windows update queue and delete any fragmented windows updates. Complete windows updates to max, especially for your .netframework utility. Finally, redownload Kaspersky.

Edit: I previously used Kaspersky and they are really slow with updating their heuristics checks for Microsoft updates, so certain files would not actually make it through the update. Because of this I switched to Norton. Furthermore, this being a gaming community, the new Norton version is $70 a year for 10 licenses. Bring a couple friends in on it and you can get it for just $10 a year.

Norton only runs 13MB and 0% cpu usage. Honestly I'm not sure how it even protects the system it has been so stream lined. Just recently while taking part in the Steam controller beta I had it say that Steam wanted new UDP controls and I just set it to allow the request always, never had another issue after that. I am an early adopter and beta tester for multiple games. Norton hasn't given me issues with any of them.
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Re: kaspersky small downloads (driving me insane)

Post by Pantho »

Norton stream lined? I've not tried any newer versions but unless this is bizarre opposite land I doubt it to be true.