makes me f'king sick

Just as the title states, crap that makes no sense what-so-ever goes here (i.e. spam).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: PecKer73
Neocron Characters: Go on guess...
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

makes me f'king sick

Post by DAGGERZ »

been watching the story of madonna and the malawi adoption application, not sure how others see it "especially in america" but to me it smacks of a fashion accessorie, one to go with the red gucci hand bag and this one will go with my armani shoes i bought in oxford street. we now have madonna and mr and mrs pitt. Its like a game of trump cards to see who can get the worst off kid to make them selves look good.

To me it just makes them look bad, madonna has used her money and status to trample over another governments rules and regulations albiet corrupt and no doubt beyond repute. Now i know she puts a lot of her money into charities out there which has helped to sway the decision in her favour but she also covered up the fact that she had split from her husband "english director guy richie" and this was why they split in the first place because he did not want to do this adoption lark.

But my main point is that, im sure there are plenty of under privileged kids in america and most needing a good loving home, so why dont she help them instead. why help a country thats government is corrupt far beyond what we may think of the US office or 10 downing street, has she forgotton what nation put her where she is in the first place and that without the american people she would be nothing and if she had off still made it big with out doing it in america, she would not have half as much as she has now.

the same could be said for mr & mrs pitt, they should help their own out before trampling over other nations, may be thats the point they can but in america it may be a different story and their wealth and status may not get them as far as it has in africa. it angers me to think her own nation can live in poverty while she will help total strangers. if i was american i would be very angry.

Rant over
Last edited by DAGGERZ on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The room went that way ->>>>
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Re: makes f'king sick

Post by Solid Rock »

Well sure theyr fashion accessories and yes its differential treatment of celebrities. But on the other hand I cant see the kids being worse off with ridiculously rich attention crawing celebs than they were in an African orphanage with a yearly budget of $100.

Ofcourse there are kids who are badly off in the US and Britain but its almost always gunna be worse in Africa, which is why they do it. It incredibly hip for celebrities to be charitable and the more pitiful the charity the more hip you'll be. So what are you gunna go for? The little African kid who's never owned a pair of shoes or the kid from new york whos parents died in a plane crash but otherwise lives a decent life.

And id also quite like to point out that regardless of wether your adopting a kid from your own country or from somewhere in central Africa your still helping total strangers. Puting aside the fact that they manipulate the rules to get differential treatment and only do this kinda thing as a publicity stunt there is absolutely no reason your homeland should always come first in ever consideration. Its like that obsession some Americans seem to have with always buying American cars, well why should you if the Japanese ones cost half as much and will run for twice as long before breaking?
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts

Post by DAGGERZ »

yes but my point is to recognise those that put you where you are as well. yes your absolutely right, it is more fashionable to help places like africa than say an orphan in the US. hence my point about them being accessories. I'm a firm believer of charity begins at home. yes your helping a stranger even if its your own country your helping but at least its helping those who bought your records, watched your films plus it's your fellow countrymen too and your putting something back into your country/community.

affrican nations find the money to send big teams to the olympics etc so let them find the money to help feed their starving and homeless inhabitants.
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Post by Solid Rock »

DAGGERZ wrote:yes but my point is to recognise those that put you where you are as well. yes your absolutely right, it is more fashionable to help places like africa than say an orphan in the US. hence my point about them being accessories. I'm a firm believer of charity begins at home. yes your helping a stranger even if its your own country your helping but at least its helping those who bought your records, watched your films plus it's your fellow countrymen too and your putting something back into your country/community.

affrican nations find the money to send big teams to the olympics etc so let them find the money to help feed their starving and homeless inhabitants.
Feeding their population ofcourse costs a couple of hundred times more than sending a team to the olympics.

I think its important to remember also that these people are not only celebrities in their home country. Madonnas records sell all across the globe and more people outside of the us watch the movies of mr & mrs Pitt than within. The most significant ties they have to their home country is that its where they pay their taxes and that's about it.
Lachlan
2000+ Posts
Steam ID: lachlan
Twitch.tv Profile: lachlanzema
Xbox GamerTag: lynx769
EVE Online Character: Lachlan Alanthos

Re: makes me f'king sick

Post by Lachlan »

It's not just celebrities that adopt kids from outside the US and not just Africa, but China too. I know a couple that adopted two kids from Africa not because they were trying to find the poorest charity, but because they had already tried adopting kids from the US for 5 years. They went through 3 heart-wrenching emotional experiences where they found a potential child to adopt, poured out tens thousands of dollars in fees and expenses, and the adoption fell through. The African adoptions were relatively easy to do as long as you had enough money to bribe the correct officials and get the right paperwork done.

The adoption laws in the US are extremely difficult to deal with, especially if your trying to adopt a baby. The birth mother picks the adoptive parents and has the right to change her mind at any time. In some cases, after the adoption is legally complete she can change her mind and get the baby back. Add to that how freely abortions are performed in the US and there's just not that many babies available for adoptions compared to the number of couples that want to adopt. Of course, it's slightly different you're willing to adopt older kids that have been abused and taken away from their parents. There's plenty of those looking for foster parents.
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts

Post by DAGGERZ »

Lachlan wrote:It's not just celebrities that adopt kids from outside the US and not just Africa, but China too. I know a couple that adopted two kids from Africa not because they were trying to find the poorest charity, but because they had already tried adopting kids from the US for 5 years. They went through 3 heart-wrenching emotional experiences where they found a potential child to adopt, poured out tens thousands of dollars in fees and expenses, and the adoption fell through. The African adoptions were relatively easy to do as long as you had enough money to bribe the correct officials and get the right paperwork done.

The adoption laws in the US are extremely difficult to deal with, especially if your trying to adopt a baby. The birth mother picks the adoptive parents and has the right to change her mind at any time. In some cases, after the adoption is legally complete she can change her mind and get the baby back. Add to that how freely abortions are performed in the US and there's just not that many babies available for adoptions compared to the number of couples that want to adopt. Of course, it's slightly different you're willing to adopt older kids that have been abused and taken away from their parents. There's plenty of those looking for foster parents.
there is that flip side to it i guess, still believe famous people do it for their own gain though
mace
1000+ Posts
Xfire ID: gstyle40
Steam ID: 76561198003318822
PlayStation Network ID: SXR_Mace
Neocron Characters: yahoo
mace
jacen solo
ralph
chick magnet
bishop don
kenny buchanan
kimbo slice
Fallen Earth Characters: Mace (rifles, in need a a respec i think lol)
Yahoo (overpowered, hax)
()
()
Global Agenda Character: invalid
WoW Armory: pss.......please :/
WoW Server: mr belvedere
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67ghz
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe/OC Palm LGA 1366 Intel X
Memory (RAM): OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-P
Video Card: EVGA 512-P3-N884-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ Su
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS
Monitor: LG FLATRON L227WTG
Keyboard: Logitech g15 gaming keyboard
Mouse: Logitech g5 gaming mouse
Case: Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS
Power Supply: ZALMAN ZM1000-HP 1000W Continuous @ 45°C
Internet Connection: 2.5/21.3 (last test)

Post by mace »

Solid Rock wrote:. Its like that obsession some Americans seem to have with always buying American cars, well why should you if the Japanese ones cost half as much and will run for twice as long before breaking?

i know its not the point, but theres a reason for this.

back in the day we had a slogan here, it was "MADE IN THE USA" that was a push to keep money in america buy amercan made products to keep our economy going. well, as u can see toyota and honda sell alot more around here than ford. chevy dodge and crystler are doing better lately, but if u pool all the foreign makers v domestic its crazy. in the area i live in gm has shut down a crap load of lots while most of the foreign lots are up and runnin. hell, they keep poppin up all over the place actually. we even have a co-op car plant here in northern cali called numi "new united motors inc" its a co-op with toyota and gm. my ex-landlord works there for 20 years. he told me without toyota they would all be layed off. instead they have lost pention gains and a few other perks. the gm side had to give one day every other week or somethin of production up because of slow sales. while the toyota side is going well, and supporting both sides of the plant.
I R ALPHA!!!! or in other words H.N.I.C...... if ya didn't know, betta axe sumbodeh! :D
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts

Post by DAGGERZ »

unfortunately american cars have a bad rep for quality and breaking down. The japs do a good job of getting performance and reliability in car. Honda are renowned for their engines and they do rev well.

no american muscle car will live with say a uk or jap spec EVO or WRX. plus they are cheaper on fuel.

chrysler are doing well, they sell alot of them tourer things over here, bloody ugly though!