hey, Dagz

Just as the title states, crap that makes no sense what-so-ever goes here (i.e. spam).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Sælie
250+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Savi
WoW Armory: Sælie
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
Operating System: XP/windows
CPU: Everex
Video Card: NVIDA/crap
Monitor: everex/flat
Keyboard: emachines/full of food particles
Mouse: acer/has a red light on bottom
Case: everex/standard
Internet Connection: up?

Re: hey, Dagz

Post by Sælie »

Solid Rock wrote:
DAGGERZ wrote:not always, its not the tyre on water its the speed at which you travel across it, if you look you will actually see a ramp. so the bike is sinking but it hits the ramp first. very good none the less
Initially its all about the speed but if you don't have the right tires to maintain at least some acceleration after hitting the water you wont get far. I think your underestimating how quickly you would loose momentum.
I agree....A tire without treading would essentially just slip like they were on ice, but with a bit of treading, it would create more surface area for it to grab onto the water to propel it forward more. Though, there would, theoretically be a such thing as too much treading, you don't want wide open gaps for the water to just flow...it needs to be 'grabbed' so-to-speak.
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: PecKer73
Neocron Characters: Go on guess...

Post by DAGGERZ »

for a tyre to act like a paddle, you would require more than just a little tread, let me explain something, the faster a vehicle goes the lighter over land and water it becomes which in essence would allow it to aquaplane for longer and due to the speed it will travel faster. the other factor here is also the speed the vehicle will gain from aquaplanning, due to there being no rolling resistance from the tyres, the momentum picks up.

lets remember one thing other thing, the tread pattern does not move the water out of the way on the road, the tread is designed to allow the tyre to move under compression and load, "torque and acceleration" this movement creates heat in the tyres compounds which make it go soft, this softness allows the tyre to compress in the road and grip onto the rough surface "think of body filler in a dent" by sinking into the pours of the road surface.

the tread pattern allows the tyre to move in different directions, although as i stated tread design is really a cosmetic and not a practicle application of the tyres performance.

sportsbike tyres have very little tread and are more like a slick but the ones i used are superb in the wet. this is down to the compounds.

my statements are based on fact from riding sportsbikes and knowing what my tyres should be doing, mechanical science that i studied for my engineering ONC and reading more articles on sportsbikes and tyre performance than you can shake a stick at. not to mention all the bike racing i watch.

a full racing slick will infact grip the road better in the wet than a wet weather tyre will as long as you get the heat into. tread dont mean jack
The room went that way ->>>>
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Post by Solid Rock »

DAGGERZ wrote:for a tyre to act like a paddle, you would require more than just a little tread, let me explain something, the faster a vehicle goes the lighter over land and water it becomes which in essence would allow it to aquaplane for longer and due to the speed it will travel faster. the other factor here is also the speed the vehicle will gain from aquaplanning, due to there being no rolling resistance from the tyres, the momentum picks up.

lets remember one thing other thing, the tread pattern does not move the water out of the way on the road, the tread is designed to allow the tyre to move under compression and load, "torque and acceleration" this movement creates heat in the tyres compounds which make it go soft, this softness allows the tyre to compress in the road and grip onto the rough surface "think of body filler in a dent" by sinking into the pours of the road surface.

the tread pattern allows the tyre to move in different directions, although as i stated tread design is really a cosmetic and not a practicle application of the tyres performance.

sportsbike tyres have very little tread and are more like a slick but the ones i used are superb in the wet. this is down to the compounds.

my statements are based on fact from riding sportsbikes and knowing what my tyres should be doing, mechanical science that i studied for my engineering ONC and reading more articles on sportsbikes and tyre performance than you can shake a stick at. not to mention all the bike racing i watch.

a full racing slick will infact grip the road better in the wet than a wet weather tyre will as long as you get the heat into. tread dont mean jack
An understanding of how tires work on a solid surface does not equate to an understanding of how they would work in aquaplaning. You do not have any grip per-se on water, as you say there is no resistance which is exactly what a tire needs to work at all. Rough tires may not move much water but they move enough to make a difference, and while tire threads may be cosmetic on land they become crucial on water. Speed is indeed everything in this game but you need to maintain that speed in order to keep afloat, a bike with slick tires would loose speed early on as there is nothing to keep it moving save for inertia. When they do this professionally for 4x4 challenges they use specially made tires that essentially have rubber paddles attached to them in place of threading.
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

grabbed from wikipedia on hyrdroplaning
"
Tire tread wear and contact patch shape
The longer and thinner the contact patch, the less likely a tire will hydroplane. Tires that present the greatest risk are wide, lightly loaded, and small in diameter. Deeper tread dissipates water more easily.
"
granted it was talking about the typical kind of a water slick road not going over a pool. i can see solids arguement being valid but only to a point. when it comes down to it i would think your acceleration needs to be taken into account before your tire tread does.

and also not to rag on your dagz but i would like to request the changing of your avatar as i also check the forums at work. granted i have my laptop with me some days. if you choose not to i can just wait till i get home or remote to my home pc
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts

Post by DAGGERZ »

done to stop u whiney girls from moaning, that you have been told off when you should be working anyway.

something far more offensive in the pic too
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

i didnt mean to upset your dagz =/
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

lol, what was your avatar dagz?
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts

Post by DAGGERZ »

derretimos wrote:lol, what was your avatar dagz?
it was a gif of a match stick man being sucked by a match stick women, seems thats really explicit and people looking at the forums when at work "when they should be working" might get into trouble

lame TBH