Epic Fail quote by Al Gore

Just as the title states, crap that makes no sense what-so-ever goes here (i.e. spam).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Epic Fail quote by Al Gore

Post by Krypto »

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President .... and this man won the Nobel Peace Prize?! Some of you even voted for him for president... you know who you are... hang your heads in shame!!!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Re: Epic Fail quote by Al Gore

Post by Solid Rock »

Aside from most of the environmental hysteria being unfounded I'm not sure I see the problem with that statement.
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

its mainly the fact that he is saying pollution != impurities in the air. This statement doesnt make sense because pollution would be impurities in the air. Regular air being o2 + nitrogen + other small trace elements is normal "pure" air. Given other things like c02, co, and other things not naturally in the air (granted co2 is natural but not at the quantities claimed to be harmful to the world) it could be said the air has impurities. I am not sure of the context of which he is talking he could have been making a joke, though its hardly a funny one.
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Taurmin

Post by Solid Rock »

satransisuu wrote:its mainly the fact that he is saying pollution != impurities in the air. This statement doesnt make sense because pollution would be impurities in the air. Regular air being o2 + nitrogen + other small trace elements is normal "pure" air. Given other things like c02, co, and other things not naturally in the air (granted co2 is natural but not at the quantities claimed to be harmful to the world) it could be said the air has impurities. I am not sure of the context of which he is talking he could have been making a joke, though its hardly a funny one.
Or he could be referring to aerosols which are known to scatter sunlight and cool the climate. Pollution is a very broad term and he could simply be trying to point out what he believes to be the greatest threat, quite frankly it seems like he's trying to get a valid point across but its hard to tell without proper context.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Post by Krypto »

Solid Rock wrote:
satransisuu wrote:its mainly the fact that he is saying pollution != impurities in the air. This statement doesnt make sense because pollution would be impurities in the air. Regular air being o2 + nitrogen + other small trace elements is normal "pure" air. Given other things like c02, co, and other things not naturally in the air (granted co2 is natural but not at the quantities claimed to be harmful to the world) it could be said the air has impurities. I am not sure of the context of which he is talking he could have been making a joke, though its hardly a funny one.
Or he could be referring to aerosols which are known to scatter sunlight and cool the climate. Pollution is a very broad term and he could simply be trying to point out what he believes to be the greatest threat, quite frankly it seems like he's trying to get a valid point across but its hard to tell without proper context.
explain what aerosols are. Then look at what all you just wrote...then u'll prolly see why Gore epic failed.

(in another light on the subject: pollution isnt the cause for "global warming/cooling". Simply speeds up Earth's natural process.)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Sælie
250+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Savi
WoW Armory: Sælie
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
Operating System: XP/windows
CPU: Everex
Video Card: NVIDA/crap
Monitor: everex/flat
Keyboard: emachines/full of food particles
Mouse: acer/has a red light on bottom
Case: everex/standard
Internet Connection: up?

Post by Sælie »

Either way, anyone who listens to (and believes) Gore's ranting about scientific things is epic fail. I would like to see Gore's qualifications i.e. PhD's and Master's degrees in certain qualifying subjects as biology, earth science, etc. Until I see those qualifications, I will never listen to his bs about 'global warming' when I've researched some myself and the Earth naturally goes through global warming and global cooling on its own. Besides, the Earth also has was of releasing heat from its core (volcanoes, earthquakes, etc) and it is speculated that in millions of years, the Earth could potentially become a moon. Its been posed that the moon used to be a thriving planet that when its core cooled down using volcanoes created the many craters that we see today (not to mention the things that crash into it creating more craters). I will agree that our lifestyle as humans may have exacerbated some of the natural things the Earth does, but that does NOT mean that we CAUSE global warming. We are just another issue in the equation, and although I applaud him for actually caring about the environment (and getting others to care), I can't sit here without mocking his arrogance in thinking that he knows more than scientists who have been studying only this for years.

If Gore has such degrees and I am missing it, then why can't he bring Pluto back as a planet? I WANT PLUTO dammit!
satransisuu
1000+ Posts

Post by satransisuu »

ok im not sure what you are saying about the aerosols solid so im just going to leave that alone.

Sælie i dont think i have ever directly talked to you for the most part so i dont want to come off as rude. I totally agree with what you say about gore and his PH.D's, BUT! your second statement about the moon.....i need to see some links pls lol. I have never heard anyone pose that our planet will become a moon, or that the moon once had life on it. From what i have heard moons typically form along side a planet. It is left overs that do not form the core, similar to a situation like saturn where you get a ring. Also the moon orbits the earth, once it goes behind the earth its temperature drops dramatically because it has almost no atmosphere.

Certain things he supports are downright harmful to the environment and just pad the money in his pocket. Take a look at how the process of recycling paper works in contrasts to cutting down fresh lumber which we plant. Also look at plastics and everything else, there are very few things that are actually worth recycling, aluminum is the only thing that comes to me right now.

Pluto is considered a dwarf planet currently, and dont feel sad for pluto! It gets to join the ranks of the other cool dwarf planets and centaurs that no one else knows about. Do a search for TNO's (Trans Neptunian Objects) There are small planets and objects in our solar system that no one hears about. Chiron, Eris, Orcus, Makemake, and Haumea are just a few in Pluto's new club!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Neptunian_object
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Taurmin

Post by Solid Rock »

satransisuu wrote:Pluto is considered a dwarf planet currently, and dont feel sad for pluto! It gets to join the ranks of the other cool dwarf planets and centaurs that no one else knows about. Do a search for TNO's (Trans Neptunian Objects) There are small planets and objects in our solar system that no one hears about. Chiron, Eris, Orcus, Makemake, and Haumea are just a few in Pluto's new club!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Neptunian_object
Think the new dwarf planet classification was mainly invented because the general public didn't like it when they declassified Pluto :P. The earth would never become a moon either as it is far too big and does not classify as a satellite, it may go the way of Mars though but not for a couple of billion years as our planetary core is much larger and hotter than mars' ever was not to mention that our atmosphere is also a good deal thicker.

As for Al Gore, he has no scientific credentials to speak of but he hasn't really claimed to do any research either. He bases his writings off the studies of various experts, that the experts seem to have some problems agreeing with each other is an entirely different matter. At any rate I hardly think you can blame anyone for wanting to save the planet, even if it doesn't need saving it is still an inherently noble sentiment.
Lachlan
2000+ Posts
Steam ID: lachlan
Twitch.tv Profile: lachlanzema
Xbox GamerTag: lynx769
EVE Online Character: Lachlan Alanthos

Post by Lachlan »

What about Niburu?
According to proponents such as renowned historian, Hebrew scholar, author, speaker and archaeologist Zecharia Sitchin and Burak Eldem the Nibiru appearing in Sumerian records correctly refers to a large planetary body. Their research proposes that it possesses a highly elliptical, 3630-year orbit. Such a planet would be approximately in the same orbit as 2000 CR105.

According to these theories of Sumerian cosmology, Nibiru was the twelfth member in the solar system family of planets (which includes 10 planets, the Sun, and the Moon). Its catastrophic collision with Tiamat, a planet that was between Mars and Jupiter, would have formed the planet Earth, the asteroid belt, and the Moon.

This was the result of one of Nibiru's host satellites colliding with Tiamat, appropriately leaving half a planet, comparable to our Pangea (our current knowledge of all the continents as one land mass), and leaving deeps rifts in the crust beneath the Pacific ocean. It was until recently thought impossible for such large celestial bodies to collide due to intense magnetic force, however, this concept has been given a new life since the introduction of the Orpheus Theory, and the simulation of a collision between objects such as our own earth, and an object half it's size.

It was the home of a technologically advanced human-like alien race, the Anunnaki of Sumerian myth, who, Sitchin claims, survived and later came to Earth. Sitchin has also transcribed that their travelling to earth was the result of their failing atmosphere (having since been drawn into our solar system from its cosmic passing, the atmosphere of Nibiru was subjected to intense external stress from our sun).
Incidentally, some people have suggested that Niburu will be making a pass around the sun again on it's 3,630 year orbit in December 2012. Nostradamus predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012 (12.21.12). See http://www.december212012.com/.

Back to the Al Gore thing. It would seem that the original data that was used to create the world's surface temperature record that was used as the basis for most doom and gloom predictions about global warming including Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth, the UN Kyoto Protocol, and the US Crap and Trade bill is conveniently missing. They only have the homogenized (i.e. manipulated) data and not the raw data so there's no way to verify or alter the assumptions they used to adjust the raw temperature numbers.
Sælie
250+ Posts

Post by Sælie »

satransisuu wrote:
Sælie i dont think i have ever directly talked to you for the most part so i dont want to come off as rude. I totally agree with what you say about gore and his PH.D's, BUT! your second statement about the moon.....i need to see some links pls lol. I have never heard anyone pose that our planet will become a moon, or that the moon once had life on it. From what i have heard moons typically form along side a planet. It is left overs that do not form the core, similar to a situation like saturn where you get a ring. Also the moon orbits the earth, once it goes behind the earth its temperature drops dramatically because it has almost no atmosphere.
Actually, the moon part came from my instructor from my volcano course, lol. I'm sure there's been others who have posed similar ideas, and basically I was bringing it up to show that there are many different ideas people must think about before jumping to conclusions. The fact that our Earth uses volcanoes and earthquakes to cool its core off is pretty interesting, and it does make one wonder if, in million (more like billions or trillions) of years, our Earth will resemble the moon.

Unfortunately, this time, I have no direct link or professional research to show....nor can I even remember my instructor's name!

And, no, you didn't come off as rude at all. I, like you, appreciate information, but also appreciate more when there is research to back up claims. I had a psych instructor who would literally sit for hours on end and go from the current research, take a quote and trace it as far back as possible. He taught us to try to do the same.

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to look that up later today! I'm glad Pluto has another (much cooler) group to hang with!
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

global warming is fake. duh.
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Taurmin

Post by Solid Rock »

Lachlan wrote: Incidentally, some people have suggested that Niburu will be making a pass around the sun again on it's 3,630 year orbit in December 2012. Nostradamus predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012 (12.21.12). See http://www.december212012.com/.
There's a couple of dozen different doomsday prophecies all claiming December 21, 2012 as the end of the world, and they all claim to be based on scientific evidence or ancient prophecies but none of em seem to check out if you actually research the sources. Incidentally Nostradamus never predicted anything, he wrote rhymes that can be interpreted whichever way you want but he never wrote anything specific and he certainly didn't include specific dates in his writings. December 22, 2012 is gunna be a very interesting day though :P, call up the doomsday prophets and ask em if the apocalypse got stuck in traffic.
Alamais
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: sxr_alamais
Twitch.tv Profile: garamis85
Xbox GamerTag: SXRAlamais

Post by Alamais »

derretimos wrote:global warming is fake. duh.
lael derre
Secks Faid
Sælie
250+ Posts

Post by Sælie »

Solid Rock wrote:
Lachlan wrote: Incidentally, some people have suggested that Niburu will be making a pass around the sun again on it's 3,630 year orbit in December 2012. Nostradamus predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012 (12.21.12). See http://www.december212012.com/.
There's a couple of dozen different doomsday prophecies all claiming December 21, 2012 as the end of the world, and they all claim to be based on scientific evidence or ancient prophecies but none of em seem to check out if you actually research the sources. Incidentally Nostradamus never predicted anything, he wrote rhymes that can be interpreted whichever way you want but he never wrote anything specific and he certainly didn't include specific dates in his writings. December 22, 2012 is gunna be a very interesting day though :P, call up the doomsday prophets and ask em if the apocalypse got stuck in traffic.
I'm sure I can find a bunker somewhere....SXR Summit anyone?
satransisuu
1000+ Posts

Post by satransisuu »

Lachlan wrote:What about Niburu?

Incidentally, some people have suggested that Niburu will be making a pass around the sun again on it's 3,630 year orbit in December 2012. Nostradamus predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012 (12.21.12). See http://www.december212012.com/.
great read lachlan for science fiction. Please dude stop spouting your doomsday crap. There is as much science in the stuff said about Niburu as there is in Inteligent Design, ESP, Faith Healing, and Cryptozoology.

Tell me why if so many people actually believe in this we are not looking into colonizing other planets like mars? If i as a leader honestly believed in this crap i would be pushing to keep humanity alive.

What is the next date after the 2012 one? I want to get ahead of the curve so i can make some money off retards with a appetite for masochism.

I love how that site has "survival tips", considering the proposed size we would all die instantly. uggh this fucking shit is bananas and it makes me so angry to hear stupid people! :x :x :x :x :x :x