World War 3?

Just as the title states, crap that makes no sense what-so-ever goes here (i.e. spam).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
braydagner
500+ Posts

World War 3?

Post by braydagner »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... Korea.html
SHIT IS GOING DOWN!!!

BTW, how did we let North Korea mass such a large military?
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Re: World War 3?

Post by Vaeyn »

Now, now, now, heheh. I heard they have yet to determine the cause of the hole in the ship's bottom. I read (unless this has been updated) that it could be from a rock to an internal ordinance explosive mishap. ;) [note: did not read this article as I just read an AP one not 30 mins. or so ago].

And yes, NK's army is frickin' GINORMOUS. Mostly cannon fodder I suspect though, sadly. And how? Well, aside from resuming the war from the current cease fire, there really isn't much anyone can do about that or any of the other BS some countries pull.
braydagner
500+ Posts

Post by braydagner »

This article said it was possibly from a North Korean submarine. TBH I think this is a big coincidence that all this is happening so soon after Obama's Failcare reform passed.
Comie
500+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Comie Hol
Hutch
EVE Online Character: Comie Dey
WoW Armory: Deychundei, Chomie
WoW Server: frostmane

Post by Comie »

well kim jong il is dying and is pretty ill, wouldnt be surpise if he wanted to go out with a bang - which is very possible, he has nukes and has threatened to use them.

Fuck, should never of moved to the US!!!

tho yes they have a large military force, and have a 1000 more tanks than south korea, but the best NK has is modified T90's (hells they still use T68s - thats like phreaky fighting a 5 year old) going up against the M1 or even the challenger 2, they got nothing - the only real threats is its NBC capabilities.

* the Answer is 27 btw
braydagner
500+ Posts

Post by braydagner »

Comie wrote:the only real threats is its NBC capabilities.
Leaving television out of this (sorry, had to make the joke)...

Didn't know they only had T90s, but if they were to invade South Korea they'd cause massive damage before the U.S. or UN could properly mobilize against them. Not to mention that is a good point about Kim wanting to go out with a bang. He certainly could and most certainly would. But again, if you look in that article he has a lot of biological and chemical weapons which, if used "correctly" could cause more deaths than the (probably) couple nukes he has. Its not the nukes I'm worried about for the U.S. - we could take care of those on the loooooooooong trip over. It's the proximity to South Korea that makes it a large threat. We can't defend them, and I doubt the U.S. will go into South Korea (more than it has) without UN backing. Especially since we've already a lot of troops deployed in the middle east and a very hefty deficit from THAT "war".
Comie
500+ Posts
Hutch

Post by Comie »

*whispers* Bray NBC = Nuclear Biological and Chemical

and i thought your starwars program got canned? and we aaaaaaallllllll know that the patriot missile system was a joke.
braydagner
500+ Posts

Post by braydagner »

Comie wrote:*whispers* Bray NBC = Nuclear Biological and Chemical
I know, although it took me longer than I had liked to figure it out.
Comie wrote:and i thought your starwars program got canned? and we aaaaaaallllllll know that the patriot missile system was a joke.
The Patriot Missile system is crap. But the new destroyers (I forget what class) are supposed to be able to shoot down a missile up to 500 miles away via a laser, with a backup anti-missile missile (not the Patriot) and the machine gun for closer range (which won't do shit to an ICBM class).
Comie
500+ Posts
Hutch

Post by Comie »

braydagner wrote:
Comie wrote:*whispers* Bray NBC = Nuclear Biological and Chemical
I know, although it took me longer than I had liked to figure it out.
Comie wrote:and i thought your starwars program got canned? and we aaaaaaallllllll know that the patriot missile system was a joke.
The Patriot Missile system is crap. But the new destroyers (I forget what class) are supposed to be able to shoot down a missile up to 500 miles away via a laser, with a backup anti-missile missile (not the Patriot) and the machine gun for closer range (which won't do shit to an ICBM class).

yeah but you over looked the diabolical part in kitty jong il's plan - (most of the electronics are made in korea) he has sharks with fricken laserbeams too so when the targeting system target a korean missile it will let you play pong while the world burns.

HES THAT EVUL!
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

We actually have I think around 50K troops stationed in SK (something like that). However, I realize that is not enough.

Also, I acknowledge and know quite well the situation and how it very well could be NK messing with SK. I just don't want it to happen so am hoping for the best (but mentally preparing for the worse). Kim Jong Ill has been "boosting" his public manhood for a long time now with major ramp up the past couple years so his son can step in smoothly since apparently a lot of top military dudes there were pretty grumbly. I think some have been "replaced" who grumbled too loud.

Also, not to go off subject too much . . . I'd be curious to hear how the healthcare bill fails from your perspective (aside from it does TOO TOO little and has too much compromise in it and way, way too many hand me outs to politicos, and insurance, etc.). OK, I guess in that regards it fails, BUT I think it at least opens the door which was bolted shut for a long time now so at least, maybe, we can get some real health reform inserted later via amendments and crap. That is a whole lot easier to do with something in place than nothing.

Fuck it, I just want to move to Canada (as I have for over a decade) . . .

Back on subject . . . I seriously, seriously doubt many would sit by and let NK go into SK. I just don't see anyone doing that. Hell, even China and Russia are super pissed at NK these past months whereas they always let things slide with them in the past. I think if NK started stuff (hence the suspicion they may be trying to instigate SK so it looks like SK started it), they would get a serious ass whooopin' in short order from just about every military nation capable of mobilizing there.
Comie
500+ Posts
Hutch

Post by Comie »

Vaeyn, you poor poor misguided soul - you unlucky dejected and misled personage.

you are vewing this on a mac, macs were made by KOREAN ELECTRONICS!!!! its kim jong ils evil plan!!!!!!!!!! hes building skynet, and will take over google and apple with his simple and cheap manufacture.

your doubly screwed you mac fiend!

fucking cheap ass korean electronics - Daewoo

yeah thats right when were all dead due to super nuke death i will say to you over the heavenet and say SEE Daewoo is korean for "fuck you world, lots of love Kim Jong Il!!"

i called it

and er, as for health care thing - the only stupid thing i see is that you get fined if you dont sign up for it or cant pay for it and maybe go to jail - wtf!! really should be like a tiny tax thing like the National Insurance we have in the uk.

but hey more taxes is bad, lets downsize the miltary but after we've nukes afgan, iran and NK - then those nukes that obama wanted to cut down can be put to use - win! :P

who needs logic when you can talk shit!
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

:lol: :50cal: :mrgreen:

You loco in cabasa man . . . lol
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

sounds like a plot for a new metalgear game D:
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Just some minor updates on this event: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100329/ap_ ... ship_sinks
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

Bradey
How can one country stop another from building a military?
The piece you posted mentioned it could have also been a rock or a mine, you skipped right over that in the article

Vaeyne and Commie:
Agreeing with most everything you say, though i thought we had other systems in place to defend against ICBMs?

Own thoughts:
This world needs to stop with its brinkmanship or no one will be able to enjoy this greenish blue rock floating in the void
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
braydagner
500+ Posts

Post by braydagner »

satransisuu wrote:Bradey
How can one country stop another from building a military?
The piece you posted mentioned it could have also been a rock or a mine, you skipped right over that in the article
I read it all, I just like jumping to conclusions.