She don't like Firefly

Just as the title states, crap that makes no sense what-so-ever goes here (i.e. spam).
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Re: She don't like Firefly

Post by Solid Rock »

Pantho wrote:
Solid Rock wrote:I don't doubt that its a good show that was cancelled far too early for its potential, but it seems to get blown far out of proportion. Some people seem to think it was the single greatest thing in the history of television, which is kinda hard to live up to for a midrange budget sci-fi show.

Some of the hype, I believe, comes from the fact that it was cancelled early. Had the show gotten to run for 4 or 5 seasons it probably wouldn't have gotten nearly the same amount of praise as a lot of it is bounded in "what could have been".

Its a good show, although frankly I cant stand looking at Nathan Fillion for any extended period of time, but its been over hyped in the extreme.

On a side note, going on for as long as Stargate is a fate no sci fi series should have to suffer. I'm a big Stargate fan but near the end of SG1 it just started getting a bit too strange. Also, its sad to see your action heroes grow old an useless on screen. RDA is a long way from his Mcgyver days.
Yea, they did well swapping him out like that though.

Made a good SGC Commander. SGU has been cancelled, with talks of not getting any new spin-off which is probably best. Maybe they shouldn't have destroyed Atlantis at the end, the ending was a massive nail in the coffin. I do believe they want to make a SGU film to tie off the storyline.

Atlantis wasn't destroyed, it returned to earth and landed outside of San Francisco. Its kinda sad to see SGU go, it took yet another step away from the tone of the original show but was still pretty good. But hey, even Star Trek ended eventually and I think there's still a couple of movies in the pipeline. One of them supposedly an Atlantis one.
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

Solid Rock wrote:
Pantho wrote:
Solid Rock wrote:I don't doubt that its a good show that was cancelled far too early for its potential, but it seems to get blown far out of proportion. Some people seem to think it was the single greatest thing in the history of television, which is kinda hard to live up to for a midrange budget sci-fi show.

Some of the hype, I believe, comes from the fact that it was cancelled early. Had the show gotten to run for 4 or 5 seasons it probably wouldn't have gotten nearly the same amount of praise as a lot of it is bounded in "what could have been".

Its a good show, although frankly I cant stand looking at Nathan Fillion for any extended period of time, but its been over hyped in the extreme.

On a side note, going on for as long as Stargate is a fate no sci fi series should have to suffer. I'm a big Stargate fan but near the end of SG1 it just started getting a bit too strange. Also, its sad to see your action heroes grow old an useless on screen. RDA is a long way from his Mcgyver days.
Yea, they did well swapping him out like that though.

Made a good SGC Commander. SGU has been cancelled, with talks of not getting any new spin-off which is probably best. Maybe they shouldn't have destroyed Atlantis at the end, the ending was a massive nail in the coffin. I do believe they want to make a SGU film to tie off the storyline.

Atlantis wasn't destroyed, it returned to earth and landed outside of San Francisco. Its kinda sad to see SGU go, it took yet another step away from the tone of the original show but was still pretty good. But hey, even Star Trek ended eventually and I think there's still a couple of movies in the pipeline. One of them supposedly an Atlantis one.

Miss understood I meant destroy the show not the city. Pretty much no chance of that making a comeback.
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

My wife and I are huge FireFly (and Joss Whedon for that matter) fans. She is more into than I, but we both love it. I noticed your Black prophecy names btw. :D heh

Anyway, when it first came out, it did not grab me as much as it did later. Partly where I was in my life and things - i.e. I pretty much never watched TV for one.

It is like all shows, and all things in life really, . . . some will love, some will meh, and some might even hate it.

Regardless, Joss does story and characters like few others whether they grab you or not is another matter. Also, with all the bunk on TV today, and even when it came out, it is a gem like other unique shows (Farscape, BSG are two that come to mind but even wacked out ones more akin to Lexx).
Comie
500+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Comie Hol
Hutch
EVE Online Character: Comie Dey
WoW Armory: Deychundei, Chomie
WoW Server: frostmane

Post by Comie »

I loved the show, loved the characters (Wash who doesn't especially when hes also Alpha), Loved the actors theyre all great.

and lets be honest Cowboys in space kinda retelling the american civil war... what a great set up.

and Kaylee... man id replace the need for batteries.
MoonlitStalker
250+ Posts
Steam ID: 76561198022971163
Global Agenda Character: MoonlitStalker
Minecraft Username: GryphonStalker
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 7750 Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: GIGABYTE AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX
Memory (RAM): OCZ Platinum 4GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Monitor: ACER X223W
Secondary Monitor: HP Pavilion vf15
Keyboard: Stock Keyboard
Mouse: V220 Cordless Optical Mouse (Blossoms)
Case: RAIDMAX SAGITTA 2 ATX-928WU Black/Silver
Power Supply: Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W

Post by MoonlitStalker »

When Somerlund and I started dating I had never even heard of Firefly but he had the boxset. So with zero hype (for me), we sat down with his roomates and started tearing through the series. I gotta admit it was quirky, funny, with likable characters and a interesting setting. So I can see why so many are taken with the series, I found it very enjoyable myself. While I don't see it as some pinnacle of TV history it was way better then many terrible shows that live on much longer; of course that's FOX for you.
World of Warcraft | MoonlitStorm
Night Elf|Feral|Cenarion Circle ~retired~

Final Fantasy XI | GryphonStalker
Galka|Monk|Bastok|Midgardsormr ~retired~

"When a Griffin Comes to Visit" By Marilyn Scott Waters
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Post by Solid Rock »

Pantho wrote:Miss understood I meant destroy the show not the city. Pretty much no chance of that making a comeback.
Last I heard there was still an Atlantis movie in the makings and I think a 6th season was actually planned when sy-fy pulled the plug on it.
MoonlitStalker wrote: of course that's FOX for you.
Yea, they've got a rather poor track record. They cancelled Futurama as well.
Iceborg
100+ Posts
Xfire ID: Eldria
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:31378486
Neocron Characters: Lisbeth Salander
Eldria
Antonia
River Tam
Kaylee
Fallen Earth Characters: Eldria (8 Rifle)
Miss Iceborg (8 Tradeskilling)
()
()
Global Agenda Character: Iceborg
Minecraft Username: Iceborg
Internet Connection: 100mbit

Post by Iceborg »

Do you know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I'll beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command around here!

- Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Just saw that as a forum-sig in a forum... :bamf:
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

raykor
500+ Posts
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro x64
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8600 OC @ 3.9 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
Memory (RAM): 8 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Hard Drive: 2 x Seagate 7200.11 500GB (Raid 1)
Monitor: Dell 2408WFP
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W

Post by raykor »

Great show and movie too. The humor is a big part of the attraction for me.
Hazloc
50+ Posts
Steam ID: 76561198008058795
Neocron Characters: Ghanima - Indra
Fallen Earth Characters: Hazloc (lvl 5)
()
()
()
Global Agenda Character: Hazloc

Post by Hazloc »

Dajuda wrote:I loved the firefly series! I think though it has become one of those shows/movies that people think it's cool to like.. sort of like Big Labowski or Pulp Fiction. (Love Pulp Fiction, hated Big Labowski)
I liked both, but I think I give the edge to The Big Labowski. And I like Firefly to.