Auction House Clock exploit (duping)

Any gaming related news.
SXR Feed Reader
1000+ Posts

Auction House Clock exploit (duping)

Post by SXR Feed Reader »

exploit

You might think that Diablo III is an online game, definitely not an MMO like WoW but definitely an online. So why the hell Blizzard use your computer’s system clock to determine Auction House transactions!!! Is this a single-player game where duping doesn’t matter? Why do some Korean players have 4 billion gold, yes, that [...]

Read the whole article here: http://www.maxfreak.com/diablo3/archives/auction-house-clock-exploit-duping/
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Re: Auction House Clock exploit (duping)

Post by Krypto »

honestly, not much of blizzard's fault. There's just a ton of foreigners that played & used to still play D2 up to it's release. In particular, koreans.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Eh, actually, while what you say is true, it IS their fault. Completely. If any area of the game was to get tested, exploiting RMT and the AH was Priority #1 especially since they force you always online.
Krypto
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: Sev3ndus7
Neocron Characters: KryptonitE
cdmlotyo
Crovax
Vitamin-X
Chaos Theory
Fallen Earth Characters: Sxr Krypto (Vehicle/weapons/armor tradeskiller)
Kryptoniite (Rifle/Mutations)
()
()
WoW Armory: Exposure
WoW Server: Firetree/Cenarius
Video Card: Geforce GTX570
Internet Connection: 40Mb

Post by Krypto »

yea but when it's koreans....it doesnt matter how well you make/test the game. If there's a huge korean base that's gunna play it, bugs, glitches, loopholes, etc are gunna be found by them, and massively exploited on a large scale. lol

(I don't get why so many Koreans just loooooove them some blizzard games....starcraft & D2. I haven't heard of any other popular game that has a huge korean playerbase) Imo, china & korea host the large amount of players that are the scum of the world's playerbase. Potentially, they can easily be the destruction of a game. But that's another story. (speakin of which, wish I knew where that pathetic prick Buju Banton was from...(He did pretty much nothing but exploit, and create a few hacks back in NC1))
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Vane
100+ Posts

Post by Vane »

:roll:
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

Krypto wrote:yea but when it's koreans....it doesnt matter how well you make/test the game. If there's a huge korean base that's gunna play it, bugs, glitches, loopholes, etc are gunna be found by them, and massively exploited on a large scale. lol

(I don't get why so many Koreans just loooooove them some blizzard games....starcraft & D2. I haven't heard of any other popular game that has a huge korean playerbase) Imo, china & korea host the large amount of players that are the scum of the world's playerbase. Potentially, they can easily be the destruction of a game. But that's another story. (speakin of which, wish I knew where that pathetic prick Buju Banton was from...(He did pretty much nothing but exploit, and create a few hacks back in NC1))
Racist much ?

And sorry but this was obviously blizzards fault. Sending an auth check when ending an item on the auction house is an insanely basic design flaw.
There already sending data to remove the item and confirm it's cancelled. Adding a time check in there should have been obvious to them.