Fallen Earth: Protective Goggles, Storage Pet Available in New Item Shop

Any gaming related news.
SXR Feed Reader
1000+ Posts

Fallen Earth: Protective Goggles, Storage Pet Available in New Item Shop

Post by SXR Feed Reader »

Fallen Earth News

Icarus Studios has entered the RMT fray with the launch of their very own Item Store for their post-apocalyptic MMO, Fallen Earth.

Read the whole article here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameId/126/showArticle/17202
MoonlitStalker
250+ Posts
Steam ID: 76561198022971163
Global Agenda Character: MoonlitStalker
Minecraft Username: GryphonStalker
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 7750 Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: GIGABYTE AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX
Memory (RAM): OCZ Platinum 4GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Monitor: ACER X223W
Secondary Monitor: HP Pavilion vf15
Keyboard: Stock Keyboard
Mouse: V220 Cordless Optical Mouse (Blossoms)
Case: RAIDMAX SAGITTA 2 ATX-928WU Black/Silver
Power Supply: Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W

Re: Fallen Earth: Protective Goggles, Storage Pet Available in New Item Shop

Post by MoonlitStalker »

This is a gaming tread I'm not pleased with. Subscription based MMO's are NOT allowed to also have a cash shop too! You can charge for services (names changes, faction/race changes, server changes - are all outside the usual scope of gaming) but no items and... I'm really disappointed in Fallen Earth in selling more then just fluff but straight up gear? :shock:
World of Warcraft | MoonlitStorm
Night Elf|Feral|Cenarion Circle ~retired~

Final Fantasy XI | GryphonStalker
Galka|Monk|Bastok|Midgardsormr ~retired~

"When a Griffin Comes to Visit" By Marilyn Scott Waters
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

I'm reserving judgment to see what else they offer. The goggles are the same I believe as came with a free code before game release from Becket's mags and not uber powerful at all. The dog with 4 slots is pretty minor too imho. Now, what STO charges for in their stores pisses me off to no end. Extra races? Extra ship hulls? More ship bridge interiors? Freakin' emotes? Now, the stuff in THAT store makes me go wtf? If it was a P2P, fine, but it is not. It is one of the more pricey (standard really) MMOs out there. I suck it up and do not complain, but I am really, really mad about the Cryptic store and think it is total crap. Actually, I shoulda known better tbh as really, I have always thought Cryptic sucked heheh. I was hoping though . . .
MoonlitStalker
250+ Posts
Steam ID: 76561198022971163
Global Agenda Character: MoonlitStalker
Minecraft Username: GryphonStalker
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 7750 Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: GIGABYTE AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX
Memory (RAM): OCZ Platinum 4GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Monitor: ACER X223W
Secondary Monitor: HP Pavilion vf15
Keyboard: Stock Keyboard
Mouse: V220 Cordless Optical Mouse (Blossoms)
Case: RAIDMAX SAGITTA 2 ATX-928WU Black/Silver
Power Supply: Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W

Post by MoonlitStalker »

lol, Well Cryptic is considered like the bowels of the industry. :biggrin:

The issue I have is the precedent the goggles set. Stat gear (even lowbie gear) is beyond fluff and yes it's low end... this time.
But if it's profitable? Then what stops them from selling higher end gear later? Then if that goes well, then what about level capped gear?

This isn't all that different then what Blizzard did (well really, I blame Activison). They introduced a "pet shop" and the announcement gave the community pause - $10 for a pet is high for a in-game vanity item. Oh but one of the pets for a short time is having half it's cost donated to charity. It's a gray area, it's just fluff and if you think about those very sot after trading card pets and mounts can go for hundreds of dollars on eBay and these are just $10 - This is a deal! (Hmm the Kaibab Cur from Fallen Earth is $10... too. And actually has an advantage over others by offering extra inventory.) Once Blizzard got the community to swallow it then BAM! $25 dollar vanity sparkly pony mount and a week later EQ2 followed with a $25 Cat mount. Kitten only knows what Blizzard will introduce next and make "OK" for every other MMO to follow suit.

These are companies, they are out to make money but we as customers are allowing a market where subscription based MMO's feel justified in adding a digital item cash shop and they are going to get away with as much as we let them.
World of Warcraft | MoonlitStorm
Night Elf|Feral|Cenarion Circle ~retired~

Final Fantasy XI | GryphonStalker
Galka|Monk|Bastok|Midgardsormr ~retired~

"When a Griffin Comes to Visit" By Marilyn Scott Waters