Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Re: Elder Scrolls MMO: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Pantho »

Vaeyn wrote:That should have just been a beta issue Pantho from my understanding especially if grouped.

Grats a4! This will be my third or fourth test weekend and am looking forward to it since I did not get to do much last time. While still on the fence on how good it is, I think it is better than most and did preorder it. Decorva got hers with a 25% off from GMG, and I used GameStop rewards cards to get mine. I went Imperial Retail and she Imperial Digital (obviously if getting it from GMG).
I might buy it eventually, but I'll wait for it's second launch as it's not going to last @ $60 + sub + shop. I don't mind subs, and expect to pay 30-40$ for it.
But $60 for a PC game is in the higher brackets, highest really?

I shall be patient and wait for a cheaper release/f2p model. Although I am going away on Monday and won't be gaming for most of February/march so my plan makes sense. Although a second release will be 6-12 months :/.
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

I hear ya man. That is one thing that turned me off The Secret World too. Full price+Sub+Shop. Irked me.

I caved for mine since when all is said and done I get the Imperial Retail and will pay tax only (I had 3 $25 vouchers and can get another from a place I do surveys as soon as the quarter rolls over on 4-1-14 just in time to use it to pay off the rest of the game when I pick it up on 4-4-14). There is basically nothing, nada really I would spend those GameStop vouchers on there really as right now I am only getting games on GOG.com when on mega sales and on Steam on the same and after they have been marked down on top if that to boot (and maybe a Humble Bundle here and there IF it has something I want and deem worth it). I will also be able to get 2 more $25 GS vouchers this year at the beginning of the last two quarters so . . . yeah, I bought ESO since it was theoretically free, kinda.

Decorva got the Imperial digital for the cost of the standard which with its goodies and its preorder bonus and me not paying for mine sat well with us. I honestly might have considered doing the same as you if the circumstances were not what they were for our purchases.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Post by war-barney »

I'm not sure what to do miself... been in beta and its not as bad as I thought it'd be BUT after playing other MMOs on launch I am thinking it would be smart to wait for a while as the servers will no doubt crash on launch then spend a few months hardly working. The other option is pre-order to try and escape the croweded starter areas by playing like mad for 5 days to escape them, however if the servers crash that still wont help...
slave
At least 1 Post
Operating System: win7- soon
CPU: 7
Memory (RAM): 6 gig
Video Card: 2..285 nvid
Monitor: samsung 22 ''
Keyboard: G15
Internet Connection: cable

Post by slave »

I have preorder it, I like it very much so far, Need to pick out with shard to start on.
war-barney
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Warb Arney

Doctor Barney

Kalvix
League of Legends Character: Kalvix
Minecraft Username: war barney

Post by war-barney »

How much is elder scrolls online in the US? in the UK its going to cost me £49.99 ($83) or $69.99 for the deluxe version ($115)... I keep hearing people say its $60 which SHOULD be £36 (rounded to lets say £35) so unless it is about $85 for the standard game to pre-order I'm being screwed with a pretty hefty % increase in price compared to what it should be... (42% I believe)
a4nic8er
1500+ Posts
Xfire ID: a4nic8er
Neocron Characters: A-Four
Afk
Afornicater
BlackWilly
Lag
Oh Noes
Taxi
Utu
Fallen Earth Characters: Lara Craft (55 - Pistols/Tradeskiller)
Lag (55- Melee/Mutant)
Packet Loss (55 - Rifle)
Adol Fittler (31 - Mule)
Global Agenda Character: Afore_AdolFittler
Operating System: Win10 Pro 64
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory (RAM): CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4
Video Card: GV-N2070AORUS X-8GC
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SATA3 SSD
Hard Drive (Secondary): Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA3 SSD
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUA
Secondary Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
Keyboard: Logitech G13
Mouse: LOGITECH G502 Proteus Core
Case: Cooler Master COSMOS S
Power Supply: Silverstone OP1000-E 1000W
Rig Accessory: D-Link DNS-343 NAS
Internet Connection: aDSL 10/1Mbps

Post by a4nic8er »

So, buy it from a US site, use PayPal, purchase it with $USD (try changing page language setting at elderscrollsonline.com to ENG instead of ENG-UK).
Players can pre-purchase digital versions through The Elder Scrolls Online Store (https://store.elderscrollsonline.com).

The digital Standard Edition is priced at $59.99 (€54.99 / £49.99) while the digital Imperial Edition is priced at $79.99 (€79.99 / £69.99).

Players can also pre-order physical editions through participating retailers worldwide.
The physical Standard Edition for PC/Mac will cost $59.99 (€54.99 / £49.99) and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are priced at $59.99 (€69.99 / £59.99).
The physical Imperial Edition will retail for $99.99 (€99.99 / £89.99) on all platforms.

For a full list of what each version includes, players can visit our preorder page (http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder). Once players purchase the game, they will have unlimited access for the first 30 days and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/30 days (€12.99 / £8.99).
The first 30 days begin at or after the official launch of the game when players select their preferred subscription plan. Subscription fees will only be charged after the first 30 days.
Personally, I'm not forking out $60 + $15/month for what is really just another tab-targeting MMO with an Elder Scrolls skin. And I am definitely not preordering.

I agree with this... Skyrim's success is the best argument against The Elder Scrolls Online
I'll wait till the half price Steam Sale/it goes F2P+microtransactions.
Or maybe TESVI will arrive before I bother.
Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Does that price in UK count VAT? If so that is one reason it is higher. The other is the fact that the Euro and other foreign currencies are stronger than the US currency. Just saying that it can get frustrating hearing people complain about price discrepancies the world over. I also think it sucks that the average person in the UK gets paid more than I do doing the same job. I think it sucks that for decades cars sold over in Europe get better mileage than the "same" car in the US. Anyway, neither here nor there and fairly common.

Sorry to hear you did not like it a4. I went into it with an open mind and while not blown away was still pleasantly surprised. I still think they did better than they could have, but still have a TON of work to do. I know from seeing and hearing that it is better than what they started at as they did listen to people's feedback.

I also still think they should have made it more ES though. Anyway, I as I already said, I admit that I tipped the edge and got it mostly because two copies only cost me $60 and that was for a digital and a retail Imperial so $30 each was fine by me for what I am getting. Full price for two copies? I might be with you a4. TESVI will be a good bit out as I am pretty sure we will see FO4 first. They better make a TESVI. :D
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

Found a few places selling it for £28, bit tempted ;)

Only one I can find now is https://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/The-El ... lls-Online but there some good deals to get a fair few of the versions cheaper going around.

Although the CAD review does sum up my opinion of ESO fairly well. http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20140210
Zalaz
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Zalaz86
PlayStation Network ID: Zalaz86
EVE Online Character: Nunquam
Operating System: Windows 7
Internet Connection: Cable

Post by Zalaz »

I've been waiting for the PvP impressions. Skip to 15:15 to get right to the good stuff. Still not sure if I'll buy it, but that PvP does look pretty fun.

Vaeyn
750+ Posts

Post by Vaeyn »

Good impressions on it also at MMORPG.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... tml/page/1