RIP Jack

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
FN
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: fnsxr
Twitch.tv Profile: SynfullTV
Neocron Characters: FN
EVE Online Character: Xenivous Synfull
Operating System: Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77
Memory (RAM): Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 30nm
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: 256GB RAID 0 (2 x Samsung 830 SATA3 SSD)
Hard Drive (Secondary): 1TB RAID 0 (2 x WD 7200RPM SATA2 HDD)
Monitor: RCA 40" LCD TV
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Microsoft/Razer Habu Laser Mouse
Case: NZXT M59 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: BFG 550 Watt Dual +12V Rail
Rig Accessory: Wolf King Warrior FPS Keyboard (Red)
Internet Connection: 35Mbs/3Mbs Cable

RIP Jack

Post by FN »

Fourteen years ago, I was living in a cabin and came home one afternoon to a “surprise”. My sister wanted to get me a cat since I was living alone, but was conned into taking the last two cats of a litter. My first reaction, “I can’t have cats!” - I traveled too much, was never home, and it just seemed like a horrible idea. That night, these two tiny kittens struggled to get onto the couch with me, so I helped them up and there they slept. I was doomed.

I went through several duo names for them, trying to figure out what made the most sense. I settled with my favorite drink at the time, Jack & Coke. At that age, their personalities hadn’t really developed yet, so they randomly got each name. As they grew older, they somehow managed to grow into their names. Jack loved to sleep, was laid back, and was as relaxing as a glass of whiskey. Coke, on the other hand, was energetic, a little spastic, and seemingly full of caffeine.

They moved around with me over the years. First back to my dad's house, where at two separate times, I thought they both had gotten lost, but they just turned out to be adventuring in the country for days (Jack was actually MIA for almost two weeks). Then to downtown Bloomsburg, then back to my dad's place, then into Park Street with me and KT, and finally to our home here on Kent Road. It’s funny how once these guys become part of your family, you can never be without them, even if you thought you couldn’t handle it in the first place.

About six weeks ago, Jack was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, oral cat cancer. We spent the last few weeks indulging him in whatever he wanted. Days outside, any food he wanted, night after night of cuddles. He even fit in a camping adventure to Wind Gap where he received an amazing amount of one-on-one love from so many people. I am very thankful to all of you for that. Yesterday, a small impromptu gathering of family and friends also showered him with love and without really knowing that today was going to be ‘the day’, he enjoyed his last meal… Lobster of all things, thanks to Colton.

So it is with the heaviest of hearts that I share this video of Jack over the years with you all. He was our fur kid and the hole he has left in our lives is indescribably large. He passed this morning with KT & I by his side. The song is called “The Departure” from the movie ‘Gattaca’ which I watched a number of times with Jack & Coke in my lap. Despite not having seeing it in years, it popped into my head at random last week and just felt appropriate.

https://youtu.be/GH6F0HyqViQ
Buck
750+ Posts
Xfire ID: Codrum
Steam ID: 76561197990332266
Neocron Characters: Murdoc
Codrum
Buck
Ress
Fallen Earth Characters: Codrum (Crafter? -25)
Murdoc Runner (Rifle? -14)
Im Buck (Newb -2)
Froggette (Newb placeholder -1)
Global Agenda Character: Codrum
Tribes Ascend Character: Codrum
Minecraft Username: Codrum
Operating System: Win 7 64bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard: BIOSTAR TForce TA790GX A3+
Memory (RAM): PNY Optima 8GB (4 x 2GB)
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: WD 1TB SATA3.0
Monitor: Acer 20" Widescreen
Secondary Monitor: LG 47" TV
Mouse: Logitech M705
Power Supply: hec 585W
Internet Connection: ~1Mbps/~14Mbps Cable

Re: RIP Jack

Post by Buck »

Dude... Sorry to hear. Sounds like he had a pretty good and long life with you and your family.
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

Terribly sorry for your loss. RIP Jack.
Faid
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: talonfaid
Neocron Characters: Faid
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5GHz
Memory (RAM): 1GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Me
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB

Post by Faid »

Sorry to hear about Jack FN :cry:

I remember how he always used to jump up on your keyboard when you were playing games with us, twas deffo a cool cat.