Rumors.

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Zhut
750+ Posts

Rumors.

Post by Zhut »

It has recently come to my attention that there are some disturbing rumors circulating regarding registration on our site having something to do with hacked Neocron accounts. I'd like to address this matter directly with the following points.

1) SXR and its members work only toward the betterment of Neocron, and for any of us to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any account would be outside of our clan stadards, morals, and ambitions. There is no reason to believe any SXR member would be behind such acts.

2) As a reminder regarding general Internet security, any username and password you set up here or on any other forum should not match any username and password you use for anything with sensetive materials attached to it. This is a basic rule of thumb for all Internet use, and to disregard it moves at least a partial onus of the responsibility for those potentially compromised sensetive materials to the user that didn't bear it in mind.

3) Last week, our forums were hacked by a user based on an exploit found in the second to most recent version of phpBB. The exploit has been resolved in the latest patch, which has since been applied to this site. Fortunately, we were able to restore the site from backups and do the update, however any information that the hacker may have obtained could still be used in a targeted attack. This point also ties to the previous point regarding usernames and passwords.

4) If you have any question regarding the legitimacy of SynergyXR's resources, including forums and site accounts, please refer them to FN, who is directly responsible for the site and its content, and who also has an untainted reputation within Neocron itself. Thank you.
Dajuda
250+ Posts
Steam ID: Dajuda

Post by Dajuda »

I love how people still think accounts get "Hacked".
Reptilian
250+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Reptilian
WoW Armory: DastPistola
WoW Server: Frostmane
Operating System: XP Pro

Post by Reptilian »

In my town the general rule is if you haven't heard a rumor by 10pm start one
I may not agree with what you say, But I will fight to the death for your right to say it!
DAGGERZ
1500+ Posts
Xbox GamerTag: PecKer73
Neocron Characters: Go on guess...
WoW Server: Dawnbringer

Post by DAGGERZ »

well said why ppl think sxr need to steal when we throw mc5 chips around like there ur average imp i dont know. :roll:
The room went that way ->>>>
Faid
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: talonfaid
Neocron Characters: Faid
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5GHz
Memory (RAM): 1GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Me
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB

Post by Faid »

This is the forst I've heard of this rumor, I guess people just need to place balme somewhere :? Anyone who knows of sxr knows were totally not like that
Brammers
At least 1 Post

Post by Brammers »

Regarding phpBB - there is a mailing list at the official website, which will send of any important information such as new releases.

http://www.phpbb.com/support/
FN
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: fnsxr
Twitch.tv Profile: SynfullTV
Neocron Characters: FN
EVE Online Character: Xenivous Synfull
Operating System: Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77
Memory (RAM): Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 30nm
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: 256GB RAID 0 (2 x Samsung 830 SATA3 SSD)
Hard Drive (Secondary): 1TB RAID 0 (2 x WD 7200RPM SATA2 HDD)
Monitor: RCA 40" LCD TV
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Microsoft/Razer Habu Laser Mouse
Case: NZXT M59 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: BFG 550 Watt Dual +12V Rail
Rig Accessory: Wolf King Warrior FPS Keyboard (Red)
Internet Connection: 35Mbs/3Mbs Cable

Post by FN »

The forum was hacked by someone out of Chicago searching for "Powered by phpBB 2.0.10" on Yahoo. I had updated phpBB to 2.0.12, however, I did not change the version number and evidently did not upgrade to 2.0.13 in time. The forums were down for a few hours while everything was restored to a point earlier that day. If anything happened regarding SXR within NC that links to any of our websites - I'd like to know about it.

I've added myself to the phpBB mailing list and everything is up to date at this point.
Rento
250+ Posts

Post by Rento »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people are still that stupid

:lol: :lol: :lol: