International Release

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
FN
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: fnsxr
Twitch.tv Profile: SynfullTV
Neocron Characters: FN
EVE Online Character: Xenivous Synfull
Operating System: Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77
Memory (RAM): Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 30nm
Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: 256GB RAID 0 (2 x Samsung 830 SATA3 SSD)
Hard Drive (Secondary): 1TB RAID 0 (2 x WD 7200RPM SATA2 HDD)
Monitor: RCA 40" LCD TV
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Microsoft/Razer Habu Laser Mouse
Case: NZXT M59 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: BFG 550 Watt Dual +12V Rail
Rig Accessory: Wolf King Warrior FPS Keyboard (Red)
Internet Connection: 35Mbs/3Mbs Cable

Post by FN »

Dajuda wrote:Whats so big about item tracking .. I don't think it's gonna bring NC back to life.
It's a req for me to play again in that I want the peace of mind knowing that my DS is being tracked and if I sold it to a vendor, they can prove it and it's my fault, and if it's one day in my head and then not the next, they can prove that and I can have hope that it will get replaced instead of the 100k response from helpdesk. I never said it was going to bring NC back to life.
TigerShark
At least 1 Post

Post by TigerShark »

Hmmm It will not but it will keep alot of people from quiting NC2. KK is well Damn stupid. I really cannont understand how one could create game not only a game but a whole new genere of game with sooooo much potential and still bomb the whole damn thing. It is easy to "feel" the potential of Neocron.. Its that the game is so buggy, non detailed, little depth, and just everything thats wrong with it, But why WHY do so many keep playing or come back.

Its potential thats why its combat its moments of fun....untill suddenly ruinded by a fatal error, a bug.... or just the lack of detail that makes everything seem so repetative. Truely untill KK gets a whole new board they will always take 1 step forward and 2 back.

O well even though years away, mabey even a year or two for beta....TW : ATF will be our salvation 8) :wink: :roll: :P
MaxFly
50+ Posts

Post by MaxFly »

I'd really like to see item tracking be implemented for when i start playing again. I got some WoW on the go atm, no bugs at all and everything is finished, I never hear of ppl complaining about the game, no item's lost no synch locks, nothing, fuck all. It's a highly polished peice of work and actually finished.

It's still not as good as NC though, which is why i'll be coming back.
I have had so much stuff go missing that KK didnt care less about that it doesn't bare thinking about (including my main name Ronald Raygun), but i'll be coming back all the same as I know i'm not the only one who's been shat upon. I hate to think of how many ppl are going to miss out on a game as great as this because it hasn't been finished and the company who run it have so far shown the least professional attitude i have ever come across. Check ot Jernau's Sig on the forums for a few references of how much they change their minds.

I know I sound like a complete hypocrite for saying that about them yet still intend to reactivate my account. But fuck it i'm gullible and it beats the shit out of continuous turn based action and Gnomes anyday (imo).

Oh and to be even more of a hypocrite i shall more than likely play WoW for a very long time to come.

My point? NC is still a great game despite all of its faults. WoW is an average game that is made very playable due it having no problems.
eh?
Social-Zero
100+ Posts

Post by Social-Zero »

just don't play the game anymore, jeez.

You're not getting any new features until a new expansion, you know that.

And when you do get new features they won't work properly ( hacknet cough )
FN
3000+ Posts

Post by FN »

We are still targeting the international release at March 25th (i.e. the last Friday in the quarter).
*looks at calendar*

Another missed date. Big surprise. I can't help but look at the current game I'm playing (RYL) and as far as advertising, I can't go to an MMO website without seeing it in my face. It's showing trailers in movie theaters across the country... what has 10t done for NC2's advertising... how much "better" has this been than CDV? Perhaps it's not the advertising dragging things down...

*sigh*
Lachlan
2000+ Posts
Steam ID: lachlan
Twitch.tv Profile: lachlanzema
Xbox GamerTag: lynx769
EVE Online Character: Lachlan Alanthos

Post by Lachlan »

Did you miss this post? It's from the 15th (before the date was actually missed)
Nidhogg wrote:We are still targeting the international release at March 25th (i.e. the last Friday in the quarter). The only outstanding issue we have is an ongoing discussion with PEGI over the game's rating and associated printed "icons" illustrating the level of violence, sex, swearing etc. This still needs to be resolved which is preventing us from printing the package inlays and this is likely to push everything back by a couple of weeks.

Everything else is ready to go though so we don't anticipate any further slippage. Unfortunately we can't just re-use the NC1 rating, even though our strippers are less "exposed" now.

N
and
Nidhogg wrote:Expect that two-week delay I mentioned at the top. Even with the best planning there are sometimes things that crop up totally outside of your control.

N
Lachlan
2000+ Posts

Post by Lachlan »

As far as advertising...
Animated wrote:PC Gamer (UK) April 2005 - Page 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do we have here?

A full page Neocron 2 advertisement it seems. Well done KK for getting some advertisement out there.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to scan it, but I'm sure someone else will whose bought a copy.

Here's how it goes:

SEX,GUNS & ROCK'N'ROLL!

Grab your gear and choose your destiny
as a citizen of one of earth's last cities!
A world full of sex guns & rock & roll

Every path is available to you in a world revolving around wealth, power and survival of the fittest.
Get a job... find an apartment... buy a reliabale weapon... your future starts here.
Use your armament & psi powers to fight thousands of other players for fame & resources.
Hack into cyberspace to fight viruses, manipulate software & hack secure systems for financial gain.

There's a nice picture of the Neocron 2 box, with 3 CDs, and three small ingame screenshots of what appear to be: Plaza 1 in NC2, the Twister club in NC2, and PP2 or PP3 in NC1.

Plus all the usual accompanients, Reakktor.com Tekktonic, 10Tacle and Atari.

Oh, and a 16+ PEGI rating. 'Release date' is 25th March 05.

Hope this was helpful, apologies for any spelling errors and my crappy posting style
Remember, this is the European/UK release. The US release is still to come AFAIK.
NoNo
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Telemachus
NoNo
Numinor
Darla
Internet Connection: 30mb

Post by NoNo »

I dont think the american release will go well since the servers are located in germany. Unless they start up an american server that is. I know from practice that americans dont like playing on servers that arent located somewher ein the us
Lachlan
2000+ Posts

Post by Lachlan »

NoNo wrote:I dont think the american release will go well since the servers are located in germany. Unless they start up an american server that is. I know from practice that americans dont like playing on servers that arent located somewher ein the us
It's always been my secret theory that there will be a US server at some point. There are plenty of places to host this, but I don't want to think about what happens to SXR when this become an option. It'll be worse than the US/European server WoW debate.

edit: the servers are actually hosted in the UK AFAIK, the forum servers are hosted in the US.
FN
3000+ Posts

Post by FN »

Supposedly this company is in talks of getting a US Server for NC2:

http://www.neocronuplink.com/showthread.php?t=23

However, to be honest, it seems to me more like a youthful fan who wants to host a server, more than a true company who want to be the US producers of an overseas game (i.e. as PWG is for RYL).

The reason I say that is these people in contact with Holger are from "KnightDreams Interactive"...

http://www.knightdreams.net/index.php

They have a non-skinned version of vBulletin and a completely un-configured version of Mambo CMS. They're hardly a company. Hell, SXR is more of an organization than these guys unless they're just hobbyists with a lot of money.
Lachlan
2000+ Posts

Post by Lachlan »

FN wrote:Supposedly this company is in talks of getting a US Server for NC2:

http://www.neocronuplink.com/showthread.php?t=23

However, to be honest, it seems to me more like a youthful fan who wants to host a server, more than a true company who want to be the US producers of an overseas game (i.e. as PWG is for RYL).
Interesting.. but if this were really legitimate, why is he posting the e-mails on a public forum? Wouldn't there have been some sort of NDA before negotiations even began?
Myrlin
500+ Posts
Minecraft Username: Myrlin
Aion: Myrthas
WoW Armory: Myrthas
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2Gb DDR2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard Drive: WD 80GB
Hard Drive (Secondary): WD 250 GB
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Keyboard: Wolfclaw II
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro
Internet Connection: FIOS 10 down / 2 up

Post by Myrlin »

FN wrote:They have a non-skinned version of vBulletin and a completely un-configured version of Mambo CMS. They're hardly a company. Hell, SXR is more of an organization than these guys unless they're just hobbyists with a lot of money.
Have you forgotten PWG relied on a fansite for their official forums while they were working to skin their own forums?
FN
3000+ Posts

Post by FN »

Myrlin wrote:
FN wrote:They have a non-skinned version of vBulletin and a completely un-configured version of Mambo CMS. They're hardly a company. Hell, SXR is more of an organization than these guys unless they're just hobbyists with a lot of money.
Have you forgotten PWG relied on a fansite for their official forums while they were working to skin their own forums?
I never knew they did that.
Myrlin
500+ Posts
Minecraft Username: Myrlin
Aion: Myrthas
WoW Armory: Myrthas
WoW Server: Dawnbringer
Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 2Gb DDR2
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS
Hard Drive: WD 80GB
Hard Drive (Secondary): WD 250 GB
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Keyboard: Wolfclaw II
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro
Internet Connection: FIOS 10 down / 2 up

Post by Myrlin »

I can't remember the name of the site now, but it was the only fansite that was devoted to a US RYL release instead of the Malasian release. The guys from PWG posted there and named it the official forum until they could get their site off teh ground. Eventually they started using their own site with the default phpBB skin because they hadn't learned how to skin it yet. A forumite posted to give them tips on how to skin it.