Don't it figure MK.II

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Sir. Hippieman Weed
100+ Posts

Don't it figure MK.II

Post by Sir. Hippieman Weed »

Alright, I got the new parts. Seems like the Radeon 9800 Pro is working just fine. Although the one new stick of memory was faulty and screwed up windows pretty bad, after that a program DriveCleaner finished windows off and can't even get in. I can't repair/reinstall XP PRO since it freezes during copying the setup files, reboots at the end of copying, freezes during setup(Only got here once). Now im not sure why, the OS (Even tried 2k Pro's) disc that I use are fine, the 2 remaining sticks of memory are fine, the new 3200+ is fine(was a dream with the non-busted memory), and everything else as far as I know.

I know the 9800 Pro isn't busted because my old GF2 MX200 does has the same problems. The 2 sticks of memory were ran through a lot of Memtest86 test, although 1 has a very slight chance of being faulty(1 error popped up in a test, reinstalled it and ran through about 10 more test. Error didn't show but still could be intermittent). But maybe something else since I've done it with just the 1 100% good stick. The 400W can easily handle the new upgrades I believe. The DVD drives aren't busted, backup machine(One im on now) loves my DVD-RW. And cooling doesn't seem to be a issue. CPU hovers at 42F/ 5.5C without heavy load, at least according to BIOS (May not be totally accurate but close enough).

I'm gonna see about timing settings and also if any of the sticks just can't seem to handle DDR400 speeds. Also gonna check the voltage settings as a just in case sort of thing. Below is the old and new stats of main machine. Just needed some other ideas how this could be happening. Also gonna flash the BIOS to the newest rev. Although the 1.007 can handle the stats supposidly.

Old stats of main machine:
XP PRO
2000+ Athlon XP
Asus A7N8X Deluxe (1st rev)
128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro (Stock fan/heatsink)
512 MB of PC-2100 ram
16x DVD-RW drive (<--fucking uber drive!)
16x DVD-ROM drive (not a writer)
400w Antec SL400
40GB Seagate 5400 or 7200 RPM (Forgot) (IDE)
120GB Seagate 7200 RPM (SATA I)
10GB Maxtor 91021US 5400 RPM (IDE)

New stats of main machine:
XP Pro (Fucked)
3200+ Athlon XP Barton (400FSB)
Asus A7N8X Deluxe (1st rev)
128MB Radeon 9800 Pro (Now has Zalman heatsinks/fan)
1.5 GB (3 x 512) PC-3200 Corsair (Valueram. Just means can't OC much/at all) Currently 1GB till I RMA the busted stick.
16x DVD-RW
16x DVD-ROM
400w Antec SL400 PS
40GB Seagate 5400 or 7200 RPM (Forgot) (IDE)
120GB Seagate 7200 RPM (SATA I)
a4nic8er
1500+ Posts
Xfire ID: a4nic8er
Neocron Characters: A-Four
Afk
Afornicater
BlackWilly
Lag
Oh Noes
Taxi
Utu
Fallen Earth Characters: Lara Craft (55 - Pistols/Tradeskiller)
Lag (55- Melee/Mutant)
Packet Loss (55 - Rifle)
Adol Fittler (31 - Mule)
Global Agenda Character: Afore_AdolFittler
Operating System: Win10 Pro 64
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory (RAM): CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4
Video Card: GV-N2070AORUS X-8GC
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SATA3 SSD
Hard Drive (Secondary): Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA3 SSD
Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUA
Secondary Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
Keyboard: Logitech G13
Mouse: LOGITECH G502 Proteus Core
Case: Cooler Master COSMOS S
Power Supply: Silverstone OP1000-E 1000W
Rig Accessory: D-Link DNS-343 NAS
Internet Connection: aDSL 10/1Mbps

Post by a4nic8er »

I once had a problem installing XP Pro caused by too much RAM. Yes, that's right - too much RAM. When I was informed of this rare and little-known isssue I removed all but one stick of RAM for the install, then added the rest after XP was up and running.
Live every day, As if it may be your last, For one day will be.

If laughter can be contagious, why do we never hear of any mirth pandemics?
Lev
50+ Posts

Post by Lev »

a4nic8er wrote:I once had a problem installing XP Pro caused by too much RAM. Yes, that's right - too much RAM. When I was informed of this rare and little-known isssue I removed all but one stick of RAM for the install, then added the rest after XP was up and running.
how much ram did you have? >8 gigs?
NoNo
750+ Posts
Neocron Characters: Telemachus
NoNo
Numinor
Darla
Internet Connection: 30mb

Post by NoNo »

good awld microsoft the only people who design software to not work if u have too many free resources.