Neocron 2 installation problems

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
Social-Zero
100+ Posts

Neocron 2 installation problems

Post by Social-Zero »

Ok so a few nights ago I downloaded the 3 neocron 2 bin files.
It all went pretty quickly and when i woke up the next morning the files were done and ready to be installed. Which I did.
I installed Neocron 2 without ANY errors.

Upon launching neocron 2 i pressed the launch button and the whole thing froze. I decided to wait and after a long wait it started downloading the patches and after applying them I tried pressing the launch button again and it gave me the same freeze state as before but this time it wouldn't just launch. I tried re installed , and it always ended up with something like that. Ok so then I used Norton ghost to go back to a perfect state of my computer. After that I tried installing again, this time he didn't freeze , patching started working but after patch 4 or 5 it started saying NOT ENOUGH MEMORY ERROR ERROR ERROR on every file. ooook , so i then rebooted , re installed and then finally everything went great, except after the last patch is applied Neocron says the following

Download missing file /models blablabla

Some files are still corrupted, launching Neocron will result in unpredictible behaviour.

So i launched, everything seems to work well, haven't had any problems so far. But then again I only been in the clan apartment and the aggie cellars of plaza 2.

Now what do u guys think?

I don't think my bin files are corrupted but i did the same install on a laptop and it did everything great but the same missing model thing came up. So is it kk's problem or mine?

Maybe the bin files aren't 100% perfect but then again, how could they not be?

Now i'm looking for someone that is willing to send ( trough postmail ) 3 cd's of neocron or a dvd with the bin files on em that are certainly VALID.
But at least i can play, bitching launcher or not.

Redownloading the game would be a nono since i can't waste much.

help would be welcome 8)
2yys
50+ Posts

Post by 2yys »

I would wipe the hole pc lol and reinstall xp then neocron. if u get the same thing again its your hard drive i think
cool cool
Social-Zero
100+ Posts

Post by Social-Zero »

that's what i'm doing actually , in about 4 hours i'll start formatting once more because my norton ghost image is with service pack 2 and i'm not liking windows xp service pack 2. So basicly i'll do a clean sp 1 install with all needed updates and ghost that.

But euh, it couldn't really be that. Since it acts the same on other comps