Brainteasers

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
braydagner
500+ Posts

Re: Brainteasers

Post by braydagner »

Myrlin wrote:Bray they can't turn their heads. They can only see the people in front of them.
Balls.
derretimos wrote:fffffffags.
I love you.
derretimos
1000+ Posts
Steam ID: derrelol
PlayStation Network ID: bane008
Neocron Characters: Faid
CPU: Intel I3
CPU Heatsink/Cooler: import.java.*
Motherboard: im drunk

Post by derretimos »

only you can appreciate good humor, bray.
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

Krypto wrote:Honestly, kinda a childish word problem, since what person buried to their neck in DIRT can't tilt forward, move their head in 10 mins, and get a hat off to see the color. Also, nowhere does it say that they know how many ppl are behind the wall, or behind themselves. C doesn't 100% know his color, but he DOES know there isn't 2 guys behind em, cuz the 4th would know his color ofc. BUT, he could also have 0 ppl behind him, and the other 2 could be on the other side of the wall. WHY? because the word problem doesnt say they KNOW where everyone is.

Something a professor taught me: Many things in this world are conditioning, and will make you subconsciously CREATE borders that you will not cross. Nowhere in this word problem does it say they are unable to move their head. Inability to move to look behind them simply means they cannot twist their body to look behind. Besides the simple fact that sand cant stop u from tilting your head, it's pretty easy to say it's doable. The borders you created are (1)assuming they're unable to get the hat off. (2)assuming each person, or anyone for that matter, knows where everyone else is.

A possible solution would be if they were nerds & knew FFFFFF means white & 000000 means black, so they could make an F SOUND like "FFFFuh" 6 times, which would mean they see 1 white hat, do it again if they see 2 white hats. Since, the problem said they couldn't talk, whuch "Fuh" isn't a word. BUT this is all simply based on whether or not the executioner dude/aka: serial killer would allow code talk to try & solve it, instead of talking, and if they were nerds and knew the code for white.

Bam
I expected this kind of blather from solid or pantho honestly (sorry guys i just do :wink: ). I am guessing you dont work on thought experiments much then? The purpose of the question is to excercise your ability to use logic. Also read the question again krypto, if you want to be practical about the situation and bend the rules. Lets say you were in this situation and i was also. You being the person in the ground and told the rules decides to be a smart ass and start saying FFFFFFF, me being the executioner (yea remember that?) goes and shoots your ass for being a jack ass. Needless to say i fucking hate people who cant participate in a thought experiment without being a jack ass.

Btw solid, i think your correct, or at least as correct as you can get with this problem. I was originally thinking there is no 100% in this, D would have the best chance at a 50 50. I really hope you did figure it out on your own =)
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
Solid Rock
3000+ Posts
Xfire ID: solid5rock
Steam ID: Taurmin
Xbox GamerTag: Taurmin
PlayStation Network ID: Taurmin
Neocron Characters: Solid Rock
Taurmin
Global Agenda Character: Taurmin
EVE Online Character: Solid Rock
Minecraft Username: Taurmin
WoW Armory: Thorgul
WoW Server: Bladefist
Operating System: Windows 7 Home
CPU: Intel Core I7 960 3.2 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Sabretooth X58
Memory (RAM): 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card: Club GeForce GTX 650 1gb GDDR5
Monitor: Acer X193W 19" 16x10
Secondary Monitor: ITS TS-7005L 17" 4x3
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Series 2
Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
Internet Connection: 50mb/5mb

Post by Solid Rock »

satransisuu wrote:I am guessing you dont work on thought experiments much then? The purpose of the question is to excercise your ability to use logic.
I was gunna say something like that, but figured I'd probably just get grief for it...
Pantho
3000+ Posts
Steam ID: sam86
WoW Server: Me+Fanyasy = Chosen
Operating System: Windows XP x86
CPU: Core2Duo 26400 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG395RY
Memory (RAM): 4GB 4x1GB Crucial XMS2 800mhz
Video Card: 8800GTS 640mb
Hard Drive: 300gb Sata2
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Secondary Monitor: 19" DMG
Keyboard: Logitech S510
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Case: Some obsenly heavy thing - Cooler Master
Power Supply: 650W Modular Corsair
Internet Connection: 10MB Cable

Post by Pantho »

satransisuu wrote:
Krypto wrote:Honestly, kinda a childish word problem, since what person buried to their neck in DIRT can't tilt forward, move their head in 10 mins, and get a hat off to see the color. Also, nowhere does it say that they know how many ppl are behind the wall, or behind themselves. C doesn't 100% know his color, but he DOES know there isn't 2 guys behind em, cuz the 4th would know his color ofc. BUT, he could also have 0 ppl behind him, and the other 2 could be on the other side of the wall. WHY? because the word problem doesnt say they KNOW where everyone is.

Something a professor taught me: Many things in this world are conditioning, and will make you subconsciously CREATE borders that you will not cross. Nowhere in this word problem does it say they are unable to move their head. Inability to move to look behind them simply means they cannot twist their body to look behind. Besides the simple fact that sand cant stop u from tilting your head, it's pretty easy to say it's doable. The borders you created are (1)assuming they're unable to get the hat off. (2)assuming each person, or anyone for that matter, knows where everyone else is.

A possible solution would be if they were nerds & knew FFFFFF means white & 000000 means black, so they could make an F SOUND like "FFFFuh" 6 times, which would mean they see 1 white hat, do it again if they see 2 white hats. Since, the problem said they couldn't talk, whuch "Fuh" isn't a word. BUT this is all simply based on whether or not the executioner dude/aka: serial killer would allow code talk to try & solve it, instead of talking, and if they were nerds and knew the code for white.

Bam
I expected this kind of blather from solid or pantho honestly (sorry guys i just do :wink: ). I am guessing you dont work on thought experiments much then? The purpose of the question is to excercise your ability to use logic. Also read the question again krypto, if you want to be practical about the situation and bend the rules. Lets say you were in this situation and i was also. You being the person in the ground and told the rules decides to be a smart ass and start saying FFFFFFF, me being the executioner (yea remember that?) goes and shoots your ass for being a jack ass. Needless to say i fucking hate people who cant participate in a thought experiment without being a jack ass.

Btw solid, i think your correct, or at least as correct as you can get with this problem. I was originally thinking there is no 100% in this, D would have the best chance at a 50 50. I really hope you did figure it out on your own =)
What;s with the sudden "Solid or Pantho" things :(

I does not post depressing contradicting replies to everything *_*

-edit

Also yea, Solids answer was the technical 100%. But like I said early I can't see how you can obtain 100%.

What if the guy is a retard, he wouldn't have thought "Well, if he saw 2 white caps he would have shouted black".
satransisuu
1000+ Posts
WoW Server: Nathrezim

Post by satransisuu »

im sorry pantho, if its any consolation i consider myself to be in the same boat as yourself and solid some times.
FN: hey sat, what did you tell your parents when you left?
Me: i told them i was going out to study
FN: ......................
braydagner
500+ Posts

Post by braydagner »

derretimos wrote:only you can appreciate good humor, bray.
I want your babies. And your face. I miss dolor :/