[Tech Help] Font Problem

General discussion about MMORPGs, Neocron, SXR, or anything else you feel like blabbing about.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Official SynergyXR Forums! You will have to register to post and if you're new here, please read our Welcome Post and Forum Rules.
NeoMalek
At least 1 Post

[Tech Help] Font Problem

Post by NeoMalek »

I used to play NC a while back (few years) ago and thought of getting NC2 a shot. Downloaded the client, installed it, patched it, until I got to the menu -- everything was fine. The menu however was missing almost all of the fonts except for one (whenever I typed something in) I lliterally cannot read anything. Not which servers, I can't bind keys, can't tell which options do what, and I definately can't create a new character since all the values are blank (ironically are selectable.)

I had a friend of mine log onto the account to create a character (however instead of just his head showing up, his entire body was put OVER the box and other.

My specs are the following:

Athlon 1.0 Ghz
256 MB Ram
GeForce 2 GTS Pro
Plenty of Hard Disk Space to go around (30+ Gigs free)

I tried the following things to no avail:
Changed ingame resolution
Changed desktop resolution
Updated Drivers to Latest
Backdated the drivers to 1 before
DirectX 9c is up to date
Installed Fonts to C:/windows/font folder
Overwrote Fonts in ./nc/font directory with a set sent by a friend with a working copy
Wrote the help desk, no reply
Posted on the general forums (which I can't post elsewhere), some replies, none worked

Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Zhut
750+ Posts

Re: [Tech Help] Font Problem

Post by Zhut »

NeoMalek wrote: GeForce 2 GTS Pro
Had a few similar problems to a lesser degree with a Ge4 Ti4200 with 128M of video RAM. Your card doesn't support Dx9, and is running on the Dx7 interface, which has been known to have a lot of problems. Every install with a non Dx9 compliant card seems to have a unique problem. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend grabbing a GeFX 5200. You'll have a much better framerate, will operate on Dx9, and shouldn't have any gfx errors.

I fixed my issues... by buying a Ge 6600GT. It'd be worth the investment of the 40 some bucks it costs to get an FX.